• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A SZ Squad to play SoL for Charity

Irish_Shrimper

Ant from across the Pond
Right, I've mentioned on here a few times about the weird dreams I've been having recently, and during my hospital stint I had another one.

We decided to organise a charity footie match between ShrimerZone and Shrimpers on Line, with certain conditions to prevent us putting SZ I out on the pitch: Team members to be over age of 30 ish, and so on etc.

All I remember from our starting XI was that Cricko and MK Shrimper played up front, and McNasty and Aberdeen Davey had a formidable partnership in the middle of the park. Irate Ian managed the team to a 3-1 triumph.

:D

So if you had to choose a SZ XI to play SoL in a charity 20 minute a side match, who would you go for and why? :)

Any members with szfc under their username would obviously have to start...

Oooooh thats me!!!

Ahem for many years I held (It may still be valid for all I know) of having the goal scoring record in the Sceptre league of scoring 8 goals in a 9-0 win for my team of the time...The Evening Echo even had a piece on me ...entitled .."Crackshot Crickson" .

*Waits to get shot down in flames*

Ahem for many years I held (It may still be valid for all I know) of having the goal scoring record in the Sceptre league of scoring 8 goals in a 9-0 win for us.

Was that when footballs were made out of pigs bladders???

Ahem for many years I held (It may still be valid for all I know) of having the goal scoring record in the Sceptre league of scoring 8 goals in a 9-0 win for my team of the time...The Evening Echo even had a piece on me ...entitled .."Crackshot Crickson" .

He isnt lying you know... check this out......

The only flaw I see there mate is that when you scored the goals William Caxton was still 100 years away from inventing the printing press.:)

Cricko and MK played up front......jeez I feel ill now...

You can see it now cant you

old%20man%20football.jpg

I can beat that.

I once scored 9 goals in a game, for my team at the time (Fleetwood Boys) in a 21-0 trouncing of Whittingham Panthers!

The headline in the Echo the following Thursday was "Smith on cloud 9" I kid you not...

:finger:

I can beat that.

I once scored 9 goals in a game, for my team at the time (Fleetwood Boys) in a 21-0 trouncing of Whittingham Panthers!

The headline in the Echo the following Thursday was "Smith on cloud 9" I kid you not...

:finger:

But you were playing a team of animals ! I once scored 63 goals against my dog in the back garden.

I am up for the Managerial role of your dreams....

the opportunity to put Cricko, McNasty and rest
of your squad into full training to bring them into
good order is one that could not be passed up.

Hope your on the mend, Ant

Last edited:
Back