• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SimonRav

For the older members out there, back in the late 60's, early 70's a couple of brothers, the Bushells made a film called 'A team called United'. I remember watching a reel to reel version in the Shrimpers club as a young lad. I have hunted everywhere to see see if the footage is anywhere on the net but to no avail. The Bushells were a couple of nerdy guys that were very involved in organising the official away travel. I know Alan (the older brother died a year or so ago)
Anyone remember the film and whether copies are around somewhere or indeed in touch or know the wherabouts of the other Bushell brother? He would I guess be in his 60's. I would love to see the film again in what was a great era with a core home support of no less than 9,000, sometimes increasing to 13-14,000 in what was the old division 4 ( League 2 now)

Hi, The Trust do a DVD called "A Team we call United" which was filmed in the late 60's. I am pretty sure that is the one you are looking for and it is an excellent watch.

It was made by Alan and Peter Bushell and you can buy it from The Shrimpers Bar before a game or directly from their Website here:

http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/shop.asp?catid=6

The DVD - The Team We Call United is still available from the Trust Stand in the Shrimpers Bar or online here.

For the older members out there, back in the late 60's, early 70's a couple of brothers, the Bushells made a film called 'A team called United'. I remember watching a reel to reel version in the Shrimpers club as a young lad. I have hunted everywhere to see see if the footage is anywhere on the net but to no avail. The Bushells were a couple of nerdy guys that were very involved in organising the official away travel. I know Alan (the older brother died a year or so ago)
Anyone remember the film and whether copies are around somewhere or indeed in touch or know the wherabouts of the other Bushell brother? He would I guess be in his 60's. I would love to see the film again in what was a great era with a core home support of no less than 9,000, sometimes increasing to 13-14,000 in what was the old division 4 ( League 2 now)

Yes I remember seeing the reel to reel version in a room below the East Stand - though not sure that it was the Shrimpers Club - have got the Trusts DVD version a great period piece of nostalgia for old gits like me :cricko:

I remember watching the film as a 15 year old in The Shrimpers Club in the week building up to our 5th Round F.A. Cup tie at Champions - Derby County.... in February 1976!!

Actually, I lied to get in. I was 14 in Feb 1976. Now apologise!!
If my maths are correct..I will be 50 in July? How on earth can you call me an old git???

Hmmmm...

Am loving my maths. I keep losing a year. Have now calculated I was 13 in Feb'76 and not 14!! I'll soon be as young as you!!

Am loving my maths. I keep losing a year. Have now calculated I was 13 in Feb'76 and not 14!! I'll soon be as young as you!!

Kev mate, when you are stuck in the bottom of a trench with nothing but a shovel, the idea is generally stop digging :smile:

Back