• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
I contacted the club earlier in the week to express my concerns after me and my 10 year old son unfortunately witnessed some of the trouble. Although i didnt hold the club at fault i did express concerns regarding the Luton game. Firstly due to the likely large numbers attending and also there is history between the two clubs, we again had the misfortune to be sitting near some of the trouble at Kenilworth Road, instigated by Luton idiots in one of the boxes.

I also mentioned that my 7 year old daughter would be attending her first game on Good Friday and if she enjoyed it then i would start bringing her to every home game etc.

Steve Kavanagh emailed me back (i actually posted on the 'after the game thread') and he explained why they would probably give Luton the whole of the North Bank etc. He also said that as Good Friday would be my daughters first game, would the four of us including my wife like to sit in the dug outs before the game and watch the players warm up etc. The club have just contacted me to confirm arrangements. I felt that this was worthy of a mention as the club isnt always portrayed in the best light by some on here. Well done SK and Southend United

As long as your daughter takes Weston's place on the bench then she'll be very popular! :winking:

Lovely touch. 101 questions we'd like shrimperjon's 7 year old daughter to innocently ask PB. #1 Where is that dome thing ?

Lovely touch. 101 questions we'd like shrimperjon's 7 year old daughter to innocently ask PB. #1 Where is that dome thing ?
Boots & Laces - car park and old artificial pitch! Can be seen from Eastern Avenue (not assembled yet!!)

Back