• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A tough few weeks ahead

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
What a crap start to the season, say all of us..Our team are looking a disgrace atm, but its early days this season, a summer was not built in a day. I to think perhaps the team lack motivation. @South Bank Hank drives his team forward with positive vibes. We need that mindset. We are lacking with a great squad of players just that. Maybe we need to get in somebody who motivates these players to actually play to their undoubted potenial and skills.

Hopefully this is the way forward rather than slagging off every avenue.

What a crap start to the season, say all of us..Our team are looking a disgrace atm, but its early days this season, a summer was not built in a day. I to think perhaps the team lack motivation. @South Bank Hank drives his team forward with positive vibes. We need that mindset. We are lacking with a great squad of players just that. Maybe we need to get in somebody who motivates these players to actually play to their undoubted potenial and skills.

Hopefully this is the way forward rather than slagging off every avenue.
Last season started with great anticipation and we all know what happened. Great excitement when we stayed up and once again anticipation this season with new signings. Maybe things will turn round but time is not on Ron’s side this season and he will have some very unhappy supporters on his hands before long. I am sure he is a very astute businessman but I do question his ability with regards to managerial appointments.

I do question his ability with regards to managerial appointments.

Not sure I agree with you there, Sturrock performed miracles turning us into a competitive team when we dropped into League 2, and it is hard to argue with the fact that, until his sacking, Phil Brown improved on our league position year on year. Chris Powell was a misstep in hindsight, but he was appointed at a time when there seemed to be real negativity around the club, and at the time it immediately solved that problem.

Edit: I should say I do agree that Bond was a strange appointment in the first place.

There was a 2-1 defeat to Wycombe in 2013 that saw Freddy score a consolation.
I was working that day, and was stood outside the Blues changing room awaiting a Wycombe player.
I could hear Phil Brown blasting the players for their performance, and boy, did he give it some!
Blues then contrived to gain a single point from the next four.
This 'motivation' lark is tricky, no?
Surely it comes from confidence as well, and how to instil that would make us all millionaires.
I'm no Bond fan, and said so from day one - but appointing the right man is a minefield. Tread warily.

There was a 2-1 defeat to Wycombe in 2013 that saw Freddy score a consolation.
I was working that day, and was stood outside the Blues changing room awaiting a Wycombe player.
I could hear Phil Brown blasting the players for their performance, and boy, did he give it some!
Blues then contrived to gain a single point from the next four.
This 'motivation' lark is tricky, no?
Surely it comes from confidence as well, and how to instil that would make us all millionaires.
I'm no Bond fan, and said so from day one - but appointing the right man is a minefield. Tread warily.

Very true. The answer was to bin those that didn't respond, sign AB and give him the job of rollicking the players.....When they needed it.......

Not long later I was in a pub one Saturday night and there were lots of Southend players looking very motivated because they had a big silver trophy with them.......PB and AB were in the corner.....Boringly planning for the return to L1 the following season.

Back