• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

As I stated in the other thread today I tried the club's Blue Lounge hospitality for the first time.

I was greeted by the lovely Gill who explained the procedure for the carvery meal and was served the starter of Crispy Chicken Fillets with a sweet chilli and mayo dip.
I chose the wonderful homemade Lasagne for the Main Course and Bread and Butter pudding for Desert.

The meal was of very good quality and couldn't be faulted.

Brian Dear was the host for the day and both Steve Kavanagh and Brian Wheeler stopped by for chats and everyone was made to feel welcome.

The military representation and silence preceded by the bugler playing the Last Post was very good , seeing the many flag-bearers from different military organisations was a massive improvement from the usual minute or two's silence. It seemed to mean more to people and was immaculately observed.

To be honest I have never liked sitting in the East Stand preferring the views from the South Upper but who could moan about the complimentary cushions on the seats in the area I sat in. I will not give a match report other than to say the football was much better than several recent games and was entertaining and we were unlucky not to win.

Half time coffee was appreciated and post-match return to the Blues Lounge for a drink and chat rounded off the very good experience ---- the only thing to improve the day would have been an extra 2 points.

I thoroughly recommend the Blues Lounge hospitality to anyone thinking of having a pre-match treat and today's price of £35 each was a real bargain.

PS The club have not paid me in any way, shape or form for this blatant advert.
The hospitality package today was wonderful, with work and a bit of time I am sure the club will improve catering in bars round the ground as that and improved performances on the pitch must increase crowds and income.

The was a photo of a certain Mr Cricko inside the door with a big sign saying "This man is the spawn of the Devil and must not be allowed on the premises " ---- signed "Love from Ron Martin"

Wonderful homemade lasagne --- 10/10 mate

Did tell you the food is good that side of the door! I saw that Ricey was in an Exec Box today too so quite a good SZ presence corporate side today. I think Cricko has just fallen out of love with the Blues, which is a shame because all those who came today saw a game that was League 2 football at its best.

I did tell you it was good on another thread. I won my visit on the Blues Lottery but will certainly be returning. More of you should try it, especially as a treat like birthdays, anniversaries etc

As I stated in the other thread today I tried the club's Blue Lounge hospitality for the first time.

I was greeted by the lovely Gill who explained the procedure for the carvery meal and was served the starter of Crispy Chicken Fillets with a sweet chilli and mayo dip.
I chose the wonderful homemade Lasagne for the Main Course and Bread and Butter pudding for Desert.

Brian Dear was the host for the day and both Steve Kavanagh and Brian Wheeler stopped by for chats and everyone was made to feel welcome.

The military representation and silence preceded by the bugler playing the Last Post was very good , seeing the many flag-bearers from different military organisations was a massive improvement from the usual minute or two's silence. It seemed to mean more to people and was immaculately observed.

To be honest I have never liked sitting in the East Stand preferring the views from the South Upper but who could moan about the complimentary cushions on the seats in the area I sat in. I will not give a match report other than to say the football was much better than several recent games and was entertaining and we were unlucky not to win.

Half time coffee was appreciated and post-match return to the Blues Lounge for a drink and chat rounded off the very good experience ---- the only thing to improve the day would have been an extra 2 points.

I thoroughly recommend the Blues Lounge hospitality to anyone thinking of having a pre-match treat and today's price of £35 each was a real bargain.

The hospitality package today was wonderful, with work and a bit of time I am sure the club will improve catering in bars round the ground as that and improved performances on the pitch must increase crowds and income.

Superb news Ken - its so good to see the club getting it right off the pitch

There are 10 of us going to the brentford game in the box pie and mash £25 the commercial side has definately improved of late ,well done SUFC

hockleyeast1964 said:
There are 10 of us going to the brentford game in the box pie and mash £25 the commercial side has definately improved of late ,well done SUFC
Have to agree with this. I've had more e-mails regarding promotions in the last 3 weeks than I've had in the last 3 years :stunned:

My sons team are ball boys on dec 21 and so myself and another 4ufc supporting dad have talked the other dads into this. We r looking forward to it, seems good value on paper

I had a executive suite for the Port Vale game. It was the first time I have done it and a very enjoyable experience. Like McNasty I don't like the view from the East Stand, I much prefer sitting in the South Upper. On this occasion though it was a very enjoyable experience. Especially having a good chat with Neil Harris, Elliot Benyon and David Martin. Food was good and of course being able to drink a beer while the game was on was a nice experience for me. Also my first at Roots Hall. Would recommend a box to anyone. A very enjoyable and pleasant experience.

I had a executive suite for the Port Vale game. It was the first time I have done it and a very enjoyable experience. Like McNasty I don't like the view from the East Stand, I much prefer sitting in the South Upper. On this occasion though it was a very enjoyable experience. Especially having a good chat with Neil Harris, Elliot Benyon and David Martin. Food was good and of course being able to drink a beer while the game was on was a nice experience for me. Also my first at Roots Hall. Would recommend a box to anyone. A very enjoyable and pleasant experience.

Thanks for the invite

Kenneth just out of interest did you pay for the ticket or was it a comp from the club?

Been in the Platinum Suite a few times and been superb every time, only downside is having to be less demonstrative in the Director's Box :sad:

Kenneth just out of interest did you pay for the ticket or was it a comp from the club?

The ticket wasn't a comp at all mate. The club needs all the money it can get and hopefully on the strength on everyone's opinion on this thread, not just mine, people may be encouraged to try the hospitality.

I have been in the West Stand bars, the Shrimper's Bar and the Groundsman's Bar to see how things work, to get an idea of the facilities so I can see what the supporters encounter on a match-day so I can advise the club in making improvements if possible.
I pass on comments, good and bad, from Zoners to try and make things better.

The ticket wasn't a comp at all mate. The club needs all the money it can get and hopefully on the strength on everyone's opinion on this thread, not just mine, people may be encouraged to try the hospitality.

I have been in the West Stand bars, the Shrimper's Bar and the Groundsman's Bar to see how things work, to get an idea of the facilities so I can see what the supporters encounter on a match-day so I can advise the club in making improvements if possible.
I pass on comments, good and bad, from Zoners to try and make things better.

Fair play mate, I haven't used the hospitality for a good few years but it has in my opinion always been consistently good. It's great to see the commercial dept offering deals to encourage more people to experience it.

I'm hoping to do it for the Millwall home game that they are advertising on the ticket line :smile:

Back