• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lord Griff

Schoolboy
Well done on your win. Thoroughly deserved, after a good first half display by your mob and a shocking display by us.

You guys (the players) were clearly pumped up and totally battered us during the first half.

I thought we shaded the second half, up until your third, but as a team we cannot afford to play as badly as we did in the first period and expect to get away with it.

Whilst Southends tempo was incredible during the first 45, I actually dont think you played that well, which is frightening, because if you did we would have been about 5 down!!!

The referee was getting slated by the O's fans, but I thought it was refreshing to see a ref not brandishing cards at every opportunity. That said, your centre midfielder should have been booked for a scissor foul from behind on Adam Chambers in the first half. Indeed, it was borderline red IMO. Apart from that, I thought he did okay, although he did miss a blatant rugby tackle on Dean Morgan infront on the west side during the second period.

A few points from where I was sitting....

1. Barnard did not score the opener. It was an oggie by Stephen Purches.
2. Your keeper looked really solid. Some lovely distribution.
3. Southend fans - very quiet, considering the game was in the bag for most of the match. This I will put down to you guys bricking it, as you thought we were going to fight back.
4. Dougie Freedman - different gravy.
5. I predict a top half finish for Southend - still dont think you will make the play offs, I would be well happy with avoiding relegation for us.

3. Southend fans - very quiet, considering the game was in the bag for most of the match. This I will put down to you guys bricking it, as you thought we were going to fight back.

1. Don't be silly, clearly a Barnard goal.

3. You not hear us singing better than Frank Lampard song?!

:clap: 3-0 in your cup final

Dont even mention Adam Chambers being hard done by. He commited enough fouls tonight to have been given 2 yellows easily. Apart from that, reasonable report but I thought that some of our play was top notch in the first half. Orient look a v. poor side but so did we a few weeks ago

Can't argue with that apart from the quietness bit , reckon u must of been sittin near the east stand of the north bank .

Very generous of you, however, no comment on the disgraceful and consistent fouling by Chambers on just about anyone and everyone in a blue shirt, or Saah on Barney and Freedman?

Who was the O's black centre half who was awful , was scared our any one running at him and looked shakey evrytime he was near the ball , wouldn't mind playing against him every week .

Well done for posting after that beating LG, and have to say, on the most part, I think your summing up was pretty good.

I would say our first half display tonight was one of the best so far, certainly full of passion, commitment, and an extremely high tempo. Within all of that, I'd have to say we also passed the ball around extremely well - the opening goal for example was a joy to behold.

As for you guys, I was surprised at how bad you seemed. I know you have a few players missing from the side last season (Jabbo, Thornton, Gray etc), but even so, would have expected more fight given that it was a derby match - and given that our defence has been rather sieve like of late!

I'd agree with the remarks about the noise level - but that is always the case for some reaosn at home matches - and it's not a problem unique to us either, I think most teams fans tend to be quieter at home matches.

Overall, delighted to finally beat your lot, and to be fair, do it in style. Second half was a bit of a non event, but the damage had been done, and Freedman's goal was just the icing on the cake.

Incidentally, I did comment a number of times during the match that the ref, barring a couple of decisions, got nearly everything spot on, and tried to allow the game to flow without the use of cards - nice to see.

Who was the O's black centre half who was awful , was scared our any one running at him and looked shakey evrytime he was near the ball , wouldn't mind playing against him every week .

Saah, I think. Was arms all over everyone both in this and the cup game.

Well done on your win. Thoroughly deserved, after a good first half display by your mob and a shocking display by us.

You guys (the players) were clearly pumped up and totally battered us during the first half.

I thought we shaded the second half, up until your third, but as a team we cannot afford to play as badly as we did in the first period and expect to get away with it.

Whilst Southends tempo was incredible during the first 45, I actually dont think you played that well, which is frightening, because if you did we would have been about 5 down!!!

The referee was getting slated by the O's fans, but I thought it was refreshing to see a ref not brandishing cards at every opportunity. That said, your centre midfielder should have been booked for a scissor foul from behind on Adam Chambers in the first half. Indeed, it was borderline red IMO. Apart from that, I thought he did okay, although he did miss a blatant rugby tackle on Dean Morgan infront on the west side during the second period.

5. I predict a top half finish for Southend - still dont think you will make the play offs, I would be well happy with avoiding relegation for us.

Fair play to you mate, you've been on after you've beaten us enough times, so well done on giving your assessment of tonight's game.

I agree with you about the referee overall he was pretty fair, and as you say there could have been a shower of yellow cards issued. Will take issue with you over some of the Orient tackling, in particular your number 6, who was booked with Barnard after a nasty tackle that Barnard reacted to.

Spot on about our loan keeper and Dougie Freedman. You may find it strange but from where I was sitting I couldn't hear your support.

Fair play to you mate, you've been on after you've beaten us enough times, so well done on giving your assessment of tonight's game.

I agree with you about the referee overall he was pretty fair, and as you say there could have been a shower of yellow cards issued. Will take issue with you over some of the Orient tackling, in particular your number 6, who was booked with Barnard after a nasty tackle that Barnard reacted to.

Spot on about our loan keeper and Dougie Freedman. You may find it strange but from where I was sitting I couldn't hear your support.

He's done more than Wiggy has anyway!

Thats not overly surprising, considering we were 1 down after 45 seconds. It sort of shut us up.

You guys were in control for the whole match, but didnt really sing like it. As I say, I think you were frightened it was going to go tits up against us again and didnt want to celebrate too soon.

Thats not overly surprising, considering we were 1 down after 45 seconds. It sort of shut us up.

You guys were in control for the whole match, but didnt really sing like it. As I say, I think you were frightened it was going to go tits up against us again and didnt want to celebrate too soon.

:D
Maybe so given our recent record against you lot, but Roots Hall has very poor acoustics.

That said, your centre midfielder should have been booked for a scissor foul from behind on Adam Chambers in the first half. Indeed, it was borderline red IMO.
For me that was a top notch challenge that won the ball, admittedly it was on the half way line so I was around half a pitch away from it.

The Family Enclosure was like a morgue tonight ... i think we need to be a goal down (but really threatening an equaliser) or level (and going for the win) to stir that lot into singing .. poor show IMO ... but full credit to the lads who were first class tonight, i particulally enjoyed the standing ovation for Macca

I have a well reasoned response to this 'view from the Orient'.

Lord Griff, Jonny Stokes, Barry Hearn, Martin Ling, Norman Stanley Fletcher.........your boys took one HELL of a beating.

5. I predict a top half finish for Southend - still dont think you will make the play offs, I would be well happy with avoiding relegation for us

Can't argue. I was saying the third goal was crucial. If you had got it I don't think we'd have won.

Freedman is absolute quality and if he stays fit I think play offs/promotion is definitely on the cards.

:D
Maybe so given our recent record against you lot, but Roots Hall has very poor acoustics.

I wonder is it because they leave the lights on in the stands all game that we feel more consious of making a noise. With the lights on people seem to spend more time talking to the people next to them instead of getting behind the team. The guys next to me didn't stop nattering once the whole game they even missed the goals. Its like being in a cinema when the lights go down at the start, people know they have to start paying attention. So lets start a campain to kill the lights and get the old atmosphere back before the Hall turns into a morgue.

Another view from the Orient:

1. ****ing s***c****s (our players bar Chambers, not you).

2. Don't suppose you need me to point out how superior you were.

3. The Spread isn't as good as The Birkbeck - LG may have the balls to come on here, but I took your pub. ;)

Love,

J_S x

Back