• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bay Shrimper

Here's my rundown on our team and talent?
We have no keeper issues though when Dan leaves we will need another keeper and so straight on to the defence.
John White. I prefer O Neill as he is more dynamic and capable of getting up and back quicker. I think White maybe should move on and we get another RB for cover/ competition for place.
Ben Coker. Caught out of position and ball watching against Rochdale but otherwise steady. Would also like to see Hendrix back ad I rate him highly.
Adam Barrett. Needs to stay for his leadership and example. If only the rest had his fire and love for the club. We know he's knocking on but as long as he has an understanding partner in defence jobs a good Un.
Adam Thompson. Good with Barrett and will only get better. Would keep Bolder too.
In summarising the defence then I feel for the future we need a CB,LB and RB.
Glenn Kamara. Good at winning the ball lousy at passing. Needs to take on the opposition more. May come with confidence.
Gary Deegan. Like Timlin but with less vision, talent and dress sense. Not needed.
Jack Payne. The only talented midfielder who causes problems going forward. Looks like our only scorer at present. Must keep him. I know he's been up front as well with Barrett. Does the business wherever.
Anthony Wordworth. Lazy but has moments where he shines. Needs to work harder.
Michael Timlin. The Terry Butcher of Southend last season. Needs to rediscover his heart and form. Rate him highly just feel he's lost his mojo.
Will Atkinson. Runs all day and works back. Needed him against Rochdale. Not very creative but deserves respect.
Kevan Hurst. Got his form back and needs a run int team. Great shot and crosser of ball.
David Worrall. Bit like an Alf Tupper figure. Don't think his heart is in it so could go.
In midfield we have no fire and passion as well as a lack of a playmaker and someone who can create space. Need Leonard back and Timlin with his blood and thunder. Be great to get Monaural or someone similar.
David Mooney. Never looked anything like an experienced striker. Needs to go.
Noel Hunt. When fit a real problem for defences. Great vision and wins most his headers. Worth another season.
Tyrone Barrett. Keep him, he's a great target man. Just needs a regular strike partner with speed and agility so that Payne can drop back to midfield.
In summary I feel that the midfield needs an organiser to sort it ont pitch. We need to take people on to make the opposition think and not keep playing short triangle passes which nearly always result being back with Dan and punted upfield. And surely someone can shoot from distance as we really aren't troubling opposition keepers much

I would let half of those go, my most controversial would be Thompson. He gets beat in the air far too easily, he looks slow when having played a few games on the trot and is getting caught out of position along with White on that side.

Back