• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Supporters of a certain age must go on this site ,put British Pathe News on google then put Southend On Sea on then click on Soccer Mart 1966 .There is a nice bit of training from the Boys of 66 and some nice views of the North Bank before it became all seats .

Yes - seen before - as posted before it is interesting to see the lads all looking so young - as a 14 year old at the time they all looked old to me :cricko:

Yes - seen before - as posted before it is interesting to see the lads all looking so young - as a 14 year old at the time they all looked old to me :cricko:
I have not seen this before, nice to see the North Bank that I used to stand on .Nice to see Trevor Roberts perhaps one best goalkeepers Southend have ever had .

great stuff,good old days...still my favourite southend "shorts"!!, white, with one blue stripe,worn when i saw my first sufc game in 67

This time 44 years ago Southend were getting ready to kick off against Northampton Town , it was the start of a busy week for Southend , Northampton on a Monday night then Cambridge United on Friday , the word Champions was being said . Southend won tonight beating Northampton 4-1 Bill Garner getting two , a first goal of the season for Ray Ternent , and King Billy Best getting the other , over 13,000 in Roots Hall that night , now bring on Cambridge on Friday night .

that Cambridge game was played on my birthday,21.4...was really gutted,remember the C.U.F.C fans all in the south paddock,all rather worried .Someone threw ,what looked like half a brick into the middle of there fans,must have hit someone,but i hope it never hit anybody.
On the same day,friday night.think it was 1978,my birthday,we played ,i think Rochdale, won 3-1???Going up...loads of us on the pitch after the game,im sure you was on the pitch as well.
As the game was nearly finished all on the side lines..west stand & northbank...all waiting for that final whistle...GREAT DAYS

Back