• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
I was tempted to do one of the last time we played at Wembley, but it would be pretty dull

So, the last time we played at the Mill Stad, here's where everyone is and what they're doing:

Flahavan - signed for Palace for a free in July 2008, after making 296 appearances for the club. Now at Bournemouth
Jupp - played exactly 100 games for us. Moved to the Gills for a year before retiring from the pro game. Now a coach at Ardingley School
Prior - emigrated to Australia in 2008 - 210 games in 2 spells for us. Assistant head coach of the Matildas as well as an analyst on TV
Barrett - 251 games for the Blues. Now at the Gills. Over 500 professional appearances in total
Wilson - 137 games for us before leaving in 2008. Injuries meant he never found a club after us, now a student at Anglia Ruskin and a head coach of Cambridge University FC
Pettefer - only 74 games for us. Went to Oxford in 2006, before spiralling down the leagues to AFC Totton where he still plays
Maher - a massive 384 appearances before moving to Oldham, Gills and Daggers. Still plays for Daggers but injured a lot
Bentley - 93 games for us. Moved to Gills in 2006 where he stayed for 5 years. Now at Hayes & Yeading but studying sport science and coaching kids as well
Gower - 203 appearances before going to the Swans in 2008. Now at Charlton on loan.
Eastwood - nothing needs to be said.
Gray - 20 goals in 83 games between 2004 and 2006 - before joining 9 clubs, currently at Hornchurch.

Subs
Edwards - 179 games in 2 spells. Left in 2006 to Aldershot for a year. Now at Orient as youth team manager
Holloway - plays for Margate, also a GK coach
Guttridge- only 64 games, middle name Horace!, went to various clubs after leaving in 2006, before ending up at Northampton where he still plays
McCormack - 145 appearances in 2 spells. Went to Charlton and Swindon, where he still plays
Dudfield - only the 49 games (9 goals). Tried a succession of clubs and his hand at management at Quorn. Now has his own sports entertainment company, and does community work for Notts Forest

Was McCormack there ? Thought he joined in the Championship season afterwards? Memory isnt what it was though..

Duncan Jupp is now coach at Ardingley school in Sussex. My grandson refers to him as Mr Jupp, and speaks very highly of him.

I hope Juppy just shows youtube videos of his goal.

What a ****ing legend.

xeijo2.jpg

Was McCormack there ? Thought he joined in the Championship season afterwards? Memory isnt what it was though..

He re-joined in the Championship season. He'd had a good loan spell with us at the end of the League Two promotion season.

This team wasn't from the last time we played at the MillStad though. This is the team from our middle MillStad appearence. Nicolau played vs Lincoln.

He re-joined in the Championship season. He'd had a good loan spell with us at the end of the League Two promotion season.

This team wasn't from the last time we played at the MillStad though. This is the team from our middle MillStad appearence. Nicolau played vs Lincoln.

Oh yeah. :dim: My bad.

Ok, the line up for the proper last time we played:

Flahavan, Jupp, Prior, Barrett, Wilson, Pettefer, Maher, Bentley, Nicolau (Gower 120), Eastwood (Edwards 118), Gray (Dudfield 81). Subs Not Used: Griemink, Guttridge.

I covered most of these above: except

Griemink - 22 games before leaving in 2006 to join Boston to be nearer his wife's family. He now runs a chauffeur business
Nicolau - permatanned Nicky 31 games before joining Swindon in 2006 and then a host of clubs before joining his current team Lincoln. http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk...tory-16105877-detail/story.html#axzz2Pb3xfV1N

Jupp's celebration was just class. The classic "s**t I'm a defender, I never score, what shall I do?" celebration! Absolute hero and such a great day.

P.s. Horace.

Jupp's celebration was just class. The classic "s**t I'm a defender, I never score, what shall I do?" celebration! Absolute hero and such a great day.

P.s. Horace.

and for anyone that needs reminding...

[video=youtube;UqMUDsoyAzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqMUDsoyAzs[/video]

Back