• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
... would put us 10 points behind them with a game in hand.

Come on you BLOOOZ !

I'll have some of what you are on please :winking:

Lovely sentiment, but, we couldn't even compete with a woeful Barnet side and still have none of our injured influential players near the matchday squad.

Season is over but for Wembley.

I hope this statement comes back to haunt me, but I am afraid, in my humble opinion, we will be here again next season.

It's the next 3 home games that are hugely important. Anything less than 9 points will be a failure. I'd be pleased with a point away at Vale.

Lovely sentiment, but, we couldn't even compete with a woeful Barnet side

True but that was just the sort of match we would go and lose. Now players have had a bit more rest and this is just the sort of game we go and win.

In the home match, we competed well against Vale at a time when they were on a great run.

They too have had a few wobbles in recent weeks.

This match can shape the rest of the season. If we can get three points and then follow up with max 9 out of 9 in the three home games AB mentions, who knows where we could end up ?

Come on you BLOOOZ

I'll have some of what you are on please :winking:

Lovely sentiment, but, we couldn't even compete with a woeful Barnet side and still have none of our injured influential players near the matchday squad.

Season is over but for Wembley.

I hope this statement comes back to haunt me, but I am afraid, in my humble opinion, we will be here again next season.

I have to agree unless we win at Vale, which with so many key players out seems unlikely - fingers crossed though. If not then we just have to try and pick up as many points as possible incase teams unexpectedly fall away dramatically. It will have still been a momentous season, let's all look forward to Wembley and if we're still slumming it in L2 next year we'll just have to hope next season is our year.

It's the next 3 home games that are hugely important. Anything less than 9 points will be a failure. I'd be pleased with a point away at Vale.

Agree with this! Can't see us getting anything at Port Vale, but if we want to be making the play-offs we should be winning those home games.

We are guaranteed to win at Vale and waste it at home by drawing against Wimbledon :sad:

that's my southend:smile:
I concur, wouldn't have it any other way; the sadistic plonker that I am :thumbsup: Even worse I've organised a night out in Manchester the weekend in between away trips to Vale and Rochdale - great planning:duh:

True but that was just the sort of match we would go and lose. Now players have had a bit more rest and this is just the sort of game we go and win.

In the home match, we competed well against Vale at a time when they were on a great run.

They too have had a few wobbles in recent weeks.

This match can shape the rest of the season. If we can get three points and then follow up with max 9 out of 9 in the three home games AB mentions, who knows where we could end up ?

Come on you BLOOOZ

We have won 3 in 11 so winning 4 out of 4 seems highly unlikely.

Cant see us getting anything at Port Vale, we have to win the next 3 games to even be in with a slim hope.

What will actually happen is this. We draw at Port Vale, but start a great winning streak with Tomlin firing from all angles. This sneaks us into the play-offs by a point with a game to go, meaning we have to beat Morecambe to guarantee the play-offs.

A packed Roots Hall witnesses a Mohsni brace as we go into half-time 2-0 up. 2 minutes into the second-half and Mohsni concedes a penalty, even though we won the ball his follow through took their striker's head clean off and gets sent off.

The resulting penalty is saved, but in a desperate attempt to clear the ball, Cresswell smashed the ball straight at Smith's head into the net. The crowd are furious with Smith, of course, and start chanting "Bart! Bart! Bart!".

2-1 and the match turns scrappy. Sturrock brings on an extra midfielder, Lund, to replace Assombalonga. Almost immediately he gets the ball on the left, cuts inside and smashes a shot towards goal. The whole of the South stand on their feet expecting the net to bulge, but it didn't. Their defender stuck his arm out stopping it and knocking it out for a corner. The referee and linesman exchange looks and shrug at each other as the Southend players protests get louder and louder. Sturrock sprints onto the pitch and headbutts the linesman, followed by a swift kick in the referee's crotch. Fortunately for the referee, his lack of meat and 2 veg meant he didn't feel anything, but still sent Sturrock to the stands.

The game becomes a midfield battle, and after several minutes, all 19 outfield players are in the centre circle forming a large bundle which no-one can get out. Somehow, the ball is freed from the scrum that has formed and their keeper sprints out to retrieve the ball. With no challenge, it is a one-on-one between both goalkeepers as their keeper enters the 18 yard box, Smith comes out to close the angle causing the oncoming player to panic so much that he slips over, smashes his face on the ball causing it to go 50 feet in the air before nestling in the corner of the net.

2-2 and the game is delayed by 10 minutes as the ruck in the middle of the pitch is seperated one by one. Every other game has finished and Northampton, the team 1 point below at the start of play had won, meaning Southend need to win or the play-off dream is over.

Southend continue to attack, but fail to create any decent chances, but the ball falls to Hurst 20 yards out but his shot is charged down and goes out for a corner. A noise is heard around the stadium, "Substitution for Southend, number 21 Gavin Tomlin coming off for .....", astonished fans murmur as they see who is about to come on. Is it really him? How can this be possible? It was him, Blair Sturrock had returned and straight into help the corner.

The excitement is too much for some fans, as a couple of women run onto the pitch and start making love with Blair's leg like a couple of rabid dogs. Stewards eventually remove them, and the ref blows his whistle for the corner to be taken. Hurst majestically flashes a cross in, Phillips wins a header and the crowd hold their breath, but it is cleared off the line. The ball falls again to Hurst and he quickly hits it into the crowded penalty area, a group of players jump up to contest the ball with one who leeps highest. Blair Sturrock flicks his ponytail and with a crack that can be hear for miles, the ball flies into the corner of the net. Roots Hall roars into ecstasy. 3-2, they had done it and the final whistle blows.

What will actually happen is this. We draw at Port Vale, but start a great winning streak with Tomlin firing from all angles. This sneaks us into the play-offs by a point with a game to go, meaning we have to beat Morecambe to guarantee the play-offs.

A packed Roots Hall witnesses a Mohsni brace as we go into half-time 2-0 up. 2 minutes into the second-half and Mohsni concedes a penalty, even though we won the ball his follow through took their striker's head clean off and gets sent off.

The resulting penalty is saved, but in a desperate attempt to clear the ball, Cresswell smashed the ball straight at Smith's head into the net. The crowd are furious with Smith, of course, and start chanting "Bart! Bart! Bart!".

2-1 and the match turns scrappy. Sturrock brings on an extra midfielder, Lund, to replace Assombalonga. Almost immediately he gets the ball on the left, cuts inside and smashes a shot towards goal. The whole of the South stand on their feet expecting the net to bulge, but it didn't. Their defender stuck his arm out stopping it and knocking it out for a corner. The referee and linesman exchange looks and shrug at each other as the Southend players protests get louder and louder. Sturrock sprints onto the pitch and headbutts the linesman, followed by a swift kick in the referee's crotch. Fortunately for the referee, his lack of meat and 2 veg meant he didn't feel anything, but still sent Sturrock to the stands.

The game becomes a midfield battle, and after several minutes, all 19 outfield players are in the centre circle forming a large bundle which no-one can get out. Somehow, the ball is freed from the scrum that has formed and their keeper sprints out to retrieve the ball. With no challenge, it is a one-on-one between both goalkeepers as their keeper enters the 18 yard box, Smith comes out to close the angle causing the oncoming player to panic so much that he slips over, smashes his face on the ball causing it to go 50 feet in the air before nestling in the corner of the net.

2-2 and the game is delayed by 10 minutes as the ruck in the middle of the pitch is seperated one by one. Every other game has finished and Northampton, the team 1 point below at the start of play had won, meaning Southend need to win or the play-off dream is over.

Southend continue to attack, but fail to create any decent chances, but the ball falls to Hurst 20 yards out but his shot is charged down and goes out for a corner. A noise is heard around the stadium, "Substitution for Southend, number 21 Gavin Tomlin coming off for .....", astonished fans murmur as they see who is about to come on. Is it really him? How can this be possible? It was him, Blair Sturrock had returned and straight into help the corner.

The excitement is too much for some fans, as a couple of women run onto the pitch and start making love with Blair's leg like a couple of rabid dogs. Stewards eventually remove them, and the ref blows his whistle for the corner to be taken. Hurst majestically flashes a cross in, Phillips wins a header and the crowd hold their breath, but it is cleared off the line. The ball falls again to Hurst and he quickly hits it into the crowded penalty area, a group of players jump up to contest the ball with one who leeps highest. Blair Sturrock flicks his ponytail and with a crack that can be hear for miles, the ball flies into the corner of the net. Roots Hall roars into ecstasy. 3-2, they had done it and the final whistle blows.

bit early to e hitting the beer isnt it? :smile:

We have won 3 in 11 so winning 4 out of 4 seems highly unlikely.

Cant see us getting anything at Port Vale, we have to win the next 3 games to even be in with a slim hope.

Before this run, we had not lost in 14, you would not of said after Dagenham, that we would only win 3 of the next 11. Port Vale have only won 1 of the last 6.

Please stop with all this doom and gloom season is over ****, people. Its will still be alive for another few matches yet.

I must admit, i actually fancy us to get something out of this game, its just the way we do things!

:'(

Before this run, we had not lost in 14, you would not of said after Dagenham, that we would only win 3 of the next 11. Port Vale have only won 1 of the last 6.

Please stop with all this doom and gloom season is over ****, people. Its will still be alive for another few matches yet.

Its far easier to go from fantastic form to bad than the other way around unfortunately.

Its not doom and gloom its just looking at it realistically. Its certainly not over yet but to get back in contention will require a massive improvement.

Back