• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A worried mum

sue1012

First XI
Hi guys and gals, my first post and you will probably all laugh and say silly woman but here goes anyway.

My son is off to his first away match tomorrow night and I am a worry guts.....from worry over violence to him missing the coach home and being stranded miles away from home.

I have spoken to him and he does nothing to ease my mind. He says even a newspaper can be turned into a lethal weapon and when I asked why balloons were barred from some matches I was given visions of smothering and choking. You may laugh at this poor soul but the paranoia has finally taken over.....

He will be the one cornered in the loos surrounded by Donny fans.......who nick his specs and eat his burger....
He will be the one chasing the bus waving his arms frantically while all aboard sing victorious songs during the trip home.....

Can anyone help to ease my worries?

I will be watching and hoping for a SUFC victory so good luck lads and I wish all those travelling up a smashing day

He will be fine, the coach will check numbers on the way up and the way back.

If it helps you I went to an away match back in the early 90's on my own and I was about 13/14 years old. It was Notts County away in the Anglo Italian Cup, we lost on penalties and I got back very late, I was nervous going on my own but as soon as I got on the coach I felt safe, I made new friends and look back on it to this day as a great away game.

I also got my picture in the evening echo to top it off :)

Anyway, he will be fine give him a mobile phone if your that worried.

If it helps you I went to an away match back in the early 90's on my own and I was about 13/14 years old. It was Notts County away in the Anglo Italian Cup, we lost on penalties and I got back very late, I was nervous going on my own but as soon as I got on the coach I felt safe, I made new friends and look back on it to this day as a great away game.

God, I was at that game. hated losing like that!!!

I also believe that it was the last time and probably the only time that we were just one game away from Wembley.

Here's hoping tomorrow night doesn't have the same sickening ending.

UTB!!!

He laughs at me for worrying as does my eldest son and Ive been told not to worry etc so thanks for the info. They end up making it worse with their jokes.
Hes big enough to look after himself I know and I think his mate is going to but us mums do worry.
He has a phone but its often runs out of charge........or so he says, LOL.

Hi guys and gals, my first post and you will probably all laugh and say silly woman but here goes anyway.

My son is off to his first away match tomorrow night and I am a worry guts.....from worry over violence to him missing the coach home and being stranded miles away from home.

I have spoken to him and he does nothing to ease my mind. He says even a newspaper can be turned into a lethal weapon and when I asked why balloons were barred from some matches I was given visions of smothering and choking. You may laugh at this poor soul but the paranoia has finally taken over.....

He will be the one cornered in the loos surrounded by Donny fans.......who nick his specs and eat his burger....
He will be the one chasing the bus waving his arms frantically while all aboard sing victorious songs during the trip home.....

I will be watching and hoping for a SUFC victory so good luck lads and I wish all those travelling up a smashing day

Love it!!!!

Is it 1975?

- G

what a brilliant wind up. Fess up, who did it?
Yep hes called me mad to and the wind ups this end are amazing.

There must be some mums out there who worry surely?

Where do I get those smilies from to add into posts?

Im not sure what time the coaches are back, chances are that, if Southend win, they will come back via some sort of 'Skins' party

How the young folk refer to out of control house parties these days, based on the hit E4 series 'Skins'

How the young folk refer to out of control house parties these days, based on the hit E4 series 'Skins'

Ahhh one of those...I thought it was one of those canibalistic type dinners for a minute.
*Wonders if its to late to get a ticket just to party afterwards*

No, sorry. He'll almost certainly be involved in some sort of altercation and from what i hear the Donny Ultra's are a bloody violent bunch. Don't expect to ever see your son again.

Back