• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Yeovil Persepctive

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ April 26 2004,11:41)]Yes, my wife does have grey pants on today and they do indeed have the word "Monday" printed on the front.
Sorry Smudger, not boring you am I?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ April 26 2004,11:23)]Christ that took some time to type.
You're telling me. Shame the board doesn't count characters typed!!

Isn't this a fun auditing lesson. Granted, we have historically had tighter auditing laws. However, from what I have had to endure, most of the changes we have made are not covered by UK law.

I work for the UK branch of a US company. In order to operate here as the registered UK branch, they have to abide to UK auditing policies as well as the US policies that they have in practice.

The number of process flows and the amount of documentation that we have been put through is nothing short of sick. My point here, though, is that we have to do all this work on top of what we already have in place so it seems to me that this is above and beyond our current auditing laws.

If this is the case, it supercedes our current laws and American firms will want UK firms to adhere to this kind of practice.

In conclusion, there were only 700 odd Yeovil fans

(anyone else reckon we're divulging from the point
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Tell you what, get me the names of eight hundred fans who turned out for Yeovil to back up your conspiracy theory and I'll believe you.

I honestly won't post on this topic again and be touchingly naive on other issues!! Can't believe Kurt Cobain committed suicide....

Although, hypothetically speaking, a hypothetical Yeovil-like side might well have taken over 1,000 to an unspecified game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ April 26 2004,11:50)]Be honest. Is this "Matt the Shrimp" talking to himself here?
No, he does Legal stuff. We're talking Auditing & Risk management issues. Completely different subject.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 26 2004,11:52)]Well, the Shrimpers Bar had over 100 Yeovil fans before the match. Although, to be fair, they do have 3 different fan clubs.
Does that mean there were really 150 in the bar? Are we going to discuss how much beer was drunk by the 100 (150)?
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ April 26 2004,11:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 26 2004,11:52)]Well, the Shrimpers Bar had over 100 Yeovil fans before the match. Although, to be fair, they do have 3 different fan clubs.
Does that mean there were really 150 in the bar? Are we going to discuss how much beer was drunk by the 100 (150)?  
wink.gif
You can check our signing-in book if you don't believe me. Whether or not they all got a beer is debatable. Beaver did take a photo of the assembled throng to show GK that we do actually get quite busy...

I've just spent 10 minutes reading this thread and, hypothetically speaking, I still couldn't give a shiny sh*te.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 26 2004,12:08)]I've just spent 10 minutes reading this thread and, hypothetically speaking, I still couldn't give a shiny sh*te.
In reality there lies the nebulus of the juxtaposition.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 26 2004,12:08)]I've just spent 10 minutes reading this thread and, hypothetically speaking, I still couldn't give a shiny sh*te.
Your view only counts if you were officially recorded as a paying punter. Or not, as it seems the club hierarchy can't be questioned about anything.

Heaven forbid any suggestion they're anything other than whiter than white. Even if I have over 2,000 reasons to suspect something slightly different than the official club line.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ April 26 2004,12:23)]
[b said:
Your view only counts if you were officially recorded as a paying punter.  Or not, as it seems the club hierarchy can't be questioned about anything.  

Heaven forbid any suggestion they're anything other than whiter than white.  Even if I have over 2,000 reasons to suspect something slightly different than the official club line.
Although of course, this is all based on the view of a turnstile operator. I don't think anyone is saying the clubs hierarchy cannot be questioned, but I know for one that I'm going to need a touch more proof than 'my friends a turnstile operator and he said....'

I wasn't there on Saturday, and so cannot guestimate how many were there, but I certainly didn't think Hull had 2000+ by any means, and I know of people who were of the opinion, as I was, that there were 1200-ish.

Guys, guys, GUYS!!! Hang on!

I only thought I would share my thoughts on the game! Bloody hell! I reckon, as do a lot of Yeovil fans that were there, that there was a lot more than 704...BUT, is it really that important?

Bloody hell I've read it all now on shrimperzone.

Sarbanes Oxley, corporate governance and auditing what a thread! As an accountant/auditor myself its been fascinating but I imagine to everyone else the term 'dull as ditchwater' springs to mind.

Keep up the good work!

PS KPMG are recruiting in Baghdad if any wants an 'interesting audit' role!

To be fair, seeing as Hull filled the entire end of the North Bank, it did certainly look a fair bit more than 1,100 or 1,200 to me. What's difficult to guage is the actual 'head count' as people standing seem to give the impression there's more there than there actually was.

It does seem almost laughable, too, to suggest that there were 9,600 in the ground against Colchester. It was clear that only one part of the ground - the section separating home from away fans - was empty. The argument that season ticket holders aren't counted (as some collagues of mine have suggested before) is irrelevant in this case as, being a cup-tie, everyone had to buy tickets. It also seems unrealistic to believe that anything up to 1,900 'comps' were issued, the difference between what the crowd was announced as and the number I thought were there (around 11,500).

Considering that the other half of the North Bank was opened up to cater for an overflow of Yeovil fans, in a part of the ground that holds at the very least 2,000, I would say it's reasonable to air the view that there were more than 700 visiting fans on Saturday as well as questioning the numbers at other times this season. Deadly dull accounting procedures or not.

Well the tickets are counted in the sucurity office by little kids(formally me) and the counting procedure isn't exactly amazing but we shouldn't have been hundreds out.
Unless of course those hypothetical turnstiles operators (geniuses that they are) are in on this with the club and took out some of the tickets between their gate and the office. Of course many operators let mates in for free but that wouldn't really work on the away fans.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

We were sitting in the East Yellows and estimated 600 or thereabouts. There was pleanty of room at both sides and even where the main body of fans were there were two empty seats for every full one.

I'd have said 704 was pretty accurate. Similarly we estimated 1000 Hull had turned up and weren't too suprised at the 1100 odd the club announced.

On the other hand, 9600 against the Culled Ewes..... hmmmm not quite so sure.

Back