• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It has come to my attention that we don't seem to be playing in the Cherry Voltage away Kit much these days, in fact all of the last away games we have worn blue and maybe blue shorts instead of white on most occasions. Is it because the kit clashes with the teams we have played or do the players simply not like the kit? What's our record like in it...
And if it does clash then surely the club were not thinking when choosing it. I wonder if we we will see a third kit released soon, maybe for xmas?

It has come to my attention that we don't seem to be playing in the Cherry Voltage away Kit much these days, in fact all of the last away games we have worn blue and maybe blue shorts instead of white on most occasions. Is it because the kit clashes with the teams we have played or do the players simply not like the kit? What's our record like in it...
And if it does clash then surely the club were not thinking when choosing it. I wonder if we we will see a third kit released soon, maybe for xmas?

I actually prefer to see us play in blue unless it clashes with the opposition's colours, whatever colour our change kit happens to be. It is one of our nicknames after all....

It has come to my attention that we don't seem to be playing in the Cherry Voltage away Kit much these days, in fact all of the last away games we have worn blue and maybe blue shorts instead of white on most occasions. Is it because the kit clashes with the teams we have played or do the players simply not like the kit? What's our record like in it...And if it does clash then surely the club were not thinking when choosing it. I wonder if we we will see a third kit released soon, maybe for xmas?
I thought the 'away' kit was only ever used if our home kit clashes with their home kit?

It would clash more than the blue one does. I prefer to see us play in Blue personally (although I don't mind the cherry voltage one).

It always used to be known as a "change strip" it is only recently, perhaps to sell more shirts, that clubs have chosen to refer to it as an away kit and wear it more often.

Personally I feel there are club colours and they should be worn at every opportunity and only changed in the event of a clash.

We had a problem back in 68 , i think, where the new kit that season was a darker blue than previously (similar to Scotlands colours) and it was decided that we clashed with the ref , who in those days only wore black.

IIRC we wore a different kit for the last 6 home games that season and then the Supporters voted for their favourite.
The dark blue and white stripes and white sleeves won and that was the kit for the next season

billy_best.jpg

It remains my favourite kit and was the bane of Toffs in their early days as they insisted we wore a lighter blue (which was Huddersfield) and sent the wrong ones to a number of Southend fans

I think we borrowed kits off of WBA, Coventry & Ipswich and the fans did get to vote.

I agree we should only change shirts when absolutely needed. I don't like it when teams come to RH and wear their 2nd kit when there is no clash of colours.

Just a guess - did (do) we not have away kit sponsors? If so, they would reasonably ask we wore the away kit whenever possible.

I actually can't stand the pink kit now, Even though I bought it I have only wore it once and gone off it for some reason. Much prefer the home kit anyway!

I think we borrowed kits off of WBA, Coventry & Ipswich and the fans did get to vote.

I agree we should only change shirts when absolutely needed. I don't like it when teams come to RH and wear their 2nd kit when there is no clash of colours.
Don't remember the Ipswich kit,I thought we borrowed the Royal Blue Shirts and Shorts with White Socks from Chelsea and that became our 1st choice after the sole season impersonating WBA,

Many of the away games we've had this season we couldn't wear cherry voltage anyway, as I imagine it would be too close to red. That would rule out wearing it at Accrington, Crewe, Rotherham, Swindon. That only leaves Barnet and Port Vale.

Barnet I imagine the cherry voltage may not have been allowed because of the black shorts and socks clashing. Vale we wore the cherry didn't we?

Yep, and the WBA kit was chosen.

I totally agree here, find it a niggle!..As I clearly recall we borrowed Chelsea's also.

Just bring back the yellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllows away kit :happy:

I'd prefer not to. It only became our second kit under Jobson apparently because it was his choice. I don't want to recreate that. I also distinctly remember (back in the 70's) when I was an infant at Bournes Green being given a talk by a Southend player who showed us his all white second kit. I believe that is our traditional colour.

I'd prefer not to. It only became our second kit under Jobson apparently because it was his choice. I don't want to recreate that. I also distinctly remember (back in the 70's) when I was an infant at Bournes Green being given a talk by a Southend player who showed us his all white second kit. I believe that is our traditional colour.

We used to play in Blue and White as our home kit, not sure that makes it our traditional away kit.

Who cares if it was Jobson who chose yellow, its a popular choice and has plenty of tradition of its own, and is a million times better than the pink monstrosity we wear now, which as has been evident over the last few months is actually worn by plenty of other teams...

Back