• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
A disgrace, these players are supposed to be role-models. Why can't they behave themselves? You would never find rugby players behaving in this way....oh, hang on....

From www.bbc.co.uk

England rugby stars face NZ probe

_44756607_new_zeal_auck_map203.gif

New Zealand police are investigating a "serious allegation" against up to four England rugby players after an alleged incident in a hotel room.
It allegedly occurred in a private room at the Hilton Hotel in Auckland early on Sunday morning after England's defeat to New Zealand's All Blacks.
Auckland police have not confirmed the nature of the allegation.
The Rugby Football Union (RFU) confirmed it was fully co-operating with the police over the matter.
Auckland City Criminal Investigation Branch is investigating the alleged incident, which was brought to the attention of police on Sunday evening.
A RFU spokesman said in a statement: "The England rugby team has been informed by Auckland police that an allegation has been made against four members of the England playing squad.
"No formal complaint has been made and we are co-operating with the police and their inquiries.
"In the circumstances we cannot make any other comment."
Auckland police said investigating officers were receiving the "appropriate level of co-operation from the England rugby team management".
The England squad are currently in New Zealand for a two-match series against the All Blacks.

Got to thank the Beeb for the map there. There's no way I'd have known where Auckland was otherwise.

Got to thank the Beeb for the map there. There's no way I'd have known where Auckland was otherwise.

Doesn't beat The Sun's diagram a few years ago, notifying everyone just exactly what the Channel Tunnel was and how it linked us with that barron, unknown wasteland that some call France.

Doesn't beat The Sun's diagram a few years ago, notifying everyone just exactly what the Channel Tunnel was and how it linked us with that barron, unknown wasteland that some call France.

To be fair, a large proportion of the Sun's target demographic wouldn't have known this! ;)

If rugby players are now getting up to shenanigans in their hotel rooms, then it is indeed a dark day.

:(

Ah, whatever happened to the halcyon days of rugger where drinking yourself unconscious and/or vomiting copiously - and having the occasional fight - was the worst a player ever got up to?

*sigh*

A la recherche des temps perdus...

Matt

I think it's disgusting, and it's high time we ended the scourge of rape by banning rugby in all its forms. That should stop this vile crime in its tracks.

And if it doesn't, at least we'll have banned rugby. Everyone's a winner.

I think it's disgusting, and it's high time we ended the scourge of rape by banning rugby in all its forms. That should stop this vile crime in its tracks.

And if it doesn't, at least we'll have banned rugby. Everyone's a winner.

Roy Keane was training with the All Blacks, he didn't take Johnny Evans with him did he? :unsure:

I'm concerned that rugby players will be unable to employ the same calibre of lawyer that highly paid football players can afford and actually be found guilty - dragging this countries reputation through the mud while they are at it.

It is always better to be an alleged criminal than an actual criminal.

I'm concerned that rugby players will be unable to employ the same calibre of lawyer that highly paid football players can afford and actually be found guilty - dragging this countries reputation through the mud while they are at it.

It is always better to be an alleged criminal than an actual criminal.

I thought a lot of Rugby players were top class lawyers ?
Or has that changed since Brian Moores day

Back