• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Abu Ogogo Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yourself a favour and watch just their first goal. He completely stacks it unprompted, no real cause, and it swung the game in favour of *his* club. Some of you want to defend a man who belongs to the enemy and it's that acceptance attitude that explains why we're on a downward curve again
Barry, Barry, Barry, did you get out of the wrong side of the bed again?

Do yourself a favour and watch just their first goal. He completely stacks it unprompted, no real cause, and it swung the game in favour of *his* club. Some of you want to defend a man who belongs to the enemy and it's that acceptance attitude that explains why we're on a downward curve again
Most idiotic comment of the year.

So when Gerrard slipped against Chelsea and handed them the title that now makes him a Chelsea fan?

Barry I've known one or two professional footballers in my time and let me tell you, the clubs they are most desperate to play well against and beat are the sides they actually support. Don't ask me why, but its a fact, maybe trying to prove some sort of point that they should have signed them or something, I don't know. But its very wrong to suggest a professional player would deliberately play badly against the side they support or used to play for or whatever. They are pros, their next contract depends on their performances, they would never get a contract anywhere if they got a reputation for not giving 100% against teams they 'favour'. You're kidding yourself old son.

Well it makes you think. He will never love us as much as he did Dagenham. He fell over on a pristine pitch, allowing Saggaff to poke in the goal that changed the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it deliberately, knowing it could never be proven
Correct. It clearly made YOU think.

Ogogo is a good example of the problems we make for ourselves. A strong experienced player that many of us had seen play and liked him. Liked the yesteryear him. An experienced professional, seasoned but also nigh on veteran . Take Elvis as an example. Well over a hundred league games gives him the experienced tag but at only 22 he was still learning. At least Elvis could put in a shift and despite being floored regularly, he got up and soldiered on.

We went for too much experience at the wrong end of the players careers and never found the happy medium. A persistent recruitment fault over a number of seasons.

A good team has an older head or two, a lot of fit and hungry players and the support of the odd talented young gun when needed. A balance we have failed to find for years.

I think the various videos of Saturday clearly show that Ogogo had lost the run of Sagaf about 20 yards from goal and could not match him for pace. Yes, Ogogo did go down but he was already long beaten by then and probably threw himself on the ground as much out of frustration than anything else. To suggest he fell to give Sagaf the opportunity to score is not only totally incorrect but also libellous I would say. It was a well worked goal by Daggers who had something we do not have, a pacey midfielder running from deep who knows where the goal is.

Even if he was on his feet, he wasn't getting the ball or stopping their player, he was behind play. Going to ground, for whatever reason, was inconsequential on their player scoring

I really think that this thread has now reached a conclusion, and so it is done. Thanks for all the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back