• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Abu Ogogo Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole peak age thing is entirely subjective, everyone peaks at different times regardless of what they do. Players who's game relies on a sharp turn of pace are likely to peak younger, whereas players in the midfield engine room or central defenders often peak later up and around 30 where experience & body strength matter more. And in these times of better training methods & nutrition etc players can stay pretty much at the top of their game into their mid 30's. I'm not saying we want a whole team of 30-somethings, but having a few of them in the side is no problem as far as I'm concerned.

I am seriously excited about this signing. I am hoping he will literally be like a rock in the centre of the park.
This squad really is starting to come together with a strong defence, much improved midfield and what looks like at least 1 goal scoring striker. Hopefully more to come as well with the 'keeper next to sort.

I havent felt this optimistic in quite a while !!

Very happy with this! We’re definitely making a bit of a statement, especially with the signings of Ogogo and Murphy. Shaping up well so far.

I am seriously excited about this signing. I am hoping he will literally be like a rock in the centre of the park.
This squad really is starting to come together with a strong defence, much improved midfield and what looks like at least 1 goal scoring striker. Hopefully more to come as well with the 'keeper next to sort.

I havent felt this optimistic in quite a while !!
I'm hoping a bit more mobile than a rock but agree with you in that this is a very good signing and should help to shore up the midfield.

Last edited:
For the first time in years, genuinely excited for the start of the season...ok may not last beyond September!

Ok guys, Spiffy asked nicely a few posts back. Anyone else banging on about the age issue will be deleted in a most horrible fashion. You have been warned.

Could one of you nice mods create a fitness and age thread, as it applies to all of us as well as players. More importantly any posts could just be diverted to the thread

I'm getting major Jean-Paul Kalala vibes from this signing. Really similar type of player, wins the ball effectively and lays it off to those more creative/forward-thinking. Kalala was exactly the type of "maybe not the fans' first name on the team sheet" player that Brown mentioned there, and I think losing him to his knee injury 8 weeks before the end of the 2011/12 season was a major reason for us not going up that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back