• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Abu Ogogo Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m mates with a Daggers fan and asked him about Ogogo yesterday:

“Leader, battler, can play a bit too. Started off as a right back with us after leaving Arsenal, then moved into midfield in his last couple of seasons. If you sign him you've signed a good 'un, proper jealous”

“yeah ball winner, but can chip in with a few goals too depending upon how he's deployed. Scored 9 for us in one season, all from open play”

Sounds like he could be a key player.

Really like this signing. Think he will be a key player for us next year.

I’m mates with a Daggers fan and asked him about Ogogo yesterday:

“Leader, battler, can play a bit too. Started off as a right back with us after leaving Arsenal, then moved into midfield in his last couple of seasons. If you sign him you've signed a good 'un, proper jealous”

“yeah ball winner, but can chip in with a few goals too depending upon how he's deployed. Scored 9 for us in one season, all from open play”

Sounds like he could be a key player.
Makes you think that Daggers must have tried to keep him there and we won his scribble. So perhaps that talk by some about us not offering decent deals to get players in (Weymouth / Cordner) is just speculation (as if).

Looks decent signing for sufc.... wealth of experience in league 1/2 so should boss the midfield area in the National league! Maybe are best signing so far.

Back in September I watched one the youngest SUFC squads play a team called Harrogate who were fresh from the NL.

It has to go down as possibly one of the most embarrassing performances at RH we have ever seen. I don't blame the young hungry lads or the up and coming manger.

We never had a single leader on the pitch. Here is the thing people seem to be missing. If you do want young talent to come here on loan, sign permanently or for Hobson, Rush and Bridge to improve. You ned good experience leaders around them, its a great advert for them to come and a chance to be in a winning team.....Hobson never learnt from Taylor and Rush never learnt from Poorship.

We have trimmed our budget and the mythical 27 year old who will boss midfield for 40 games will be heading for the EFL not RH. Players on the way down cost less than the ones on the way up.

We had Humphries, Kelman, Hopper and Hutchinson. They were all on the way up but ultimately did it do us any good?
I think I might being misrepresented here. I am just pointing out there are red flags in signing a player who has only made fifty appearances in the last three seasons. No more or no less. It has nothing to do with the team we fielded against Harrogate last season.
If Agogo can play forty plus games for us during the season it will be a great signing. If he is unable to make twenty appearances then it might not be quite as good.
I was making the point that his recent record does raise some doubts about his ability to play a full season
I will be happy to be to be proved wrong. As always in these matters time will tell.
But please do not misrepresent what I am saying.

I think I have a winner for the name on the back of our ( my) first and hopefully only one ever NFL shirt, what number will he get?
If the blue shirt is not so dark then it will be a home shirt.
Mr Ogogo reads like he will be a mix of players of the ilk of Tims, Deegs, Atko and Grant.

I think I might being misrepresented here. I am just pointing out there are red flags in signing a player who has only made fifty appearances in the last three seasons. No more or no less. It has nothing to do with the team we fielded against Harrogate last season.
If Agogo can play forty plus games for us during the season it will be a great signing. If he is unable to make twenty appearances then it might not be quite as good.
I was making the point that his recent record does raise some doubts about his ability to play a full season
I will be happy to be to be proved wrong. As always in these matters time will tell.
But please do not misrepresent what I am saying.
Although to be fair if you look beyond the number of games played, and realise he was in L1 where he was not starting regularly, you will see he was fit and in the match day squad 41 times 18/19 and 33 times in 19/20. It was only last season he had an injury that kept him out longer term.
So actually I am not sure those doubts are real at all- in this case.
It’s fine to ask the question as you did, we just then need to accept that concern is probably on investigation not valid. Hoping to be proved wrong suggests who are still not convinced he isn’t injury prone which I suggest the evidence shows he is not.

I'm getting major Jean-Paul Kalala vibes from this signing. Really similar type of player, wins the ball effectively and lays it off to those more creative/forward-thinking. Kalala was exactly the type of "maybe not the fans' first name on the team sheet" player that Brown mentioned there, and I think losing him to his knee injury 8 weeks before the end of the 2011/12 season was a major reason for us not going up that year.
Quality player, really liked Kalala

Absolutely agree

I also quite like

Sancho age 21, Rashford 23, Rice 22, Saka 19, Foden 21, Bellingham 17, Chilwell 24, James 21, Alexander Arnold 22, Grewalish 25,m Calvert lewen 24, KANE 27, Sterling 26, Mount 22 , Henderson 24
Maybe not the best example- have you watched England play ?

You don't see many surnames that are palindromes.
This must have caused a rush to Google to check if this meant an indoor meeting place!.

Could well be a name for an ambidextrous fishing reel !

Now its time for my mid morning zuz .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back