• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Abu Ogogo Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOUTHEND United have completed the signing of Abu Ogogo.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
Looks decent signing for sufc.... wealth of experience in league 1/2 so should boss the midfield area in the National league! Maybe are best signing so far.

I wonder if Abu Ogogo's arrival will spark any interest in Stefan Payne, the 29 year old 6'2" striker that played in the same successful Shrewsbury team in Division 1 as Ogogo. Payne has lost his way a bit since leaving Shrewsbury but seems a pretty capable striker.

I wonder if Abu Ogogo's arrival will spark any interest in Stefan Payne, the 29 year old 6'2" striker that played in the same successful Shrewsbury team in Division 1 as Ogogo. Payne has lost his way a bit since leaving Shrewsbury but seems a pretty capable striker.

Wouldn’t mind him if he’s head right. Didn’t he have a bust up on the pitch with a team mate at Grimsby?

Would a mid 4, attacking wing or otherwise, consisting of Egbri, Bridge, Dunne and Agogo, present an issue ?

I thought we constantly failed to win balls in the air in the middle of the park , losing possession, and creating pressure. Dieng in there makes a difference , although Im not a big fan

Would we need to keep the ball on the deck and play out Bond style from the back or not?

Wasnt exactly a problem for the likes of Messi, Inesta, Modric, Perlo etc but equally not many high lobs thrown at them

Size shouldnt matter against touch and skill but in this country that view is not always held ?

With 4 across the midfield ranging 5.7" to 5.9" max would it matter really ? Is the ball really launched more in this league? I suspect not and hope not ,and dont think this league these days is long punters having watched some great skills in the play offs

Might need another midfielder though around 6.2" with the heading ability of a male rutting antelope or not?

I suspect the sheer terrier like qualities of the brilliant young Egbri, fearsome Ogogo, pitch covering Dunne and mobile Bridge should more than compensate ?

Wouldn’t mind him if he’s head right. Didn’t he have a bust up on the pitch with a team mate at Grimsby?

Yes, he did. He head-butted a team mate after an argument. No excuse for that sort of thing, but maybe he learned something after being sent packing by Grimsby.

Welcome Einstein ?

See post #80

Would a mid 4, attacking wing or otherwise, consisting of Egbri, Bridge, Dunne and Agogo, present an issue ?

I thought we constantly failed to win balls in the air in the middle of the park , losing possession, and creating pressure. Dieng in there makes a difference , although Im not a big fan

Would we need to keep the ball on the deck and play out Bond style from the back or not?

Wasnt exactly a problem for the likes of Messi, Inesta, Modric, Perlo etc but equally not many high lobs thrown at them

Size shouldnt matter against touch and skill but in this country that view is not always held ?

With 4 across the midfield ranging 5.7" to 5.9" max would it matter really ? Is the ball really launched more in this league? I suspect not and hope not ,and dont think this league these days is long punters having watched some great skills in the play offs

Might need another midfielder though around 6.2" with the heading ability of a male rutting antelope or not?

I suspect the sheer terrier like qualities of the brilliant young Egbri, fearsome Ogogo, pitch covering Dunne and mobile Bridge should more than compensate ?
if the ball is going long it'll be over their heads, so no worries. just have the giants at both ends of the pitch, job done

Sorry to interrupt the fanfare but do we really want a player who spent the majority of his career with those wasters on the other side of Essex? Doesn't really sit right with me

Sorry to interrupt the fanfare but do we really want a player who spent the majority of his career with those wasters on the other side of Essex? Doesn't really sit right with me
If you mean The Daggers, I don't think that's a problem. Virtually all players have turned out for other clubs, it's what they do as pros. Jeez, if we got too wound up about that situation we should dump John White straight away for living with the Sheep previously.

Lots of fans on multi team sites making Chesterfield and Stockport favourites for next season. That is without any moves by moneybags Wrexham yet.

We seem to be going under the radar, which is fine by me. Hopefully, they all write us off and we come fighting out of the blocks and put a good run together at the start of the season....

Last edited:
Let’s hope he has us dancing on a Saturday night after scoring the winner to seal promotion ?

Gotta say at this point i dont give a toss who they've played for if they can get us back into the league.
I don't care if they've even played football before if they do that!
Don’t let the rest of us scare you off mate. For your first ever post, we should probably at least nod to the cross-Essex jab - especially as you even started off with an apology! ;-)

Personally not fussed where he’s played before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back