• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Abu Ogogo Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, @BarryBlue52 is saying " don't sign any players, that used to play for other football clubs"

This is either one of the more wearisome "jokes" on here or it might be one of the more worrying.
Just our rivals. Dagenham, Colchester, Orient etc. They could have auterior motives. One wrong move from Ogogo and he's done.

Just our rivals. Dagenham, Colchester, Orient etc. They could have auterior motives. One wrong move from Ogogo and he's done.
This is purely fishing and looking for reactions. lets leave these nonsense comments be.

This is purely fishing and looking for reactions. lets leave these nonsense comments be.
It's not, but I respect that you have a differing opinion, no need to make it personal. We're both Southend through and through which is all that matters.

I think it's a disgrace how people are slating Ogogo and Coulson just because they joined from local rivals. Brilliant to know how we are going to support them this season. Until the fans attitude changes we are going to be non league for a while. Support your team and stop this rubbish jokes. It's boring.

We are non league, most of the time we are only going to attract local players because of committments from elsewhere so of course we are going to sign rival players.

Let's just support our team and don't judge if we haven't scored after 2 minutes against Kings Lynn. I am sure some idiots will.

I wouldn't have signed him at all. At Dagenham he would have been conditioned to hate Southend and that's something you can't unlearn. Who knows whether instinct would kick in against Dagenham and he'd unconsciously stick a leg out to divert a cross in, purely because that's what his brain is used to?
And he conveniently trips over allowing their lad to score the opener yesterday. Not so ridiculous a suggestion after all was it?

Well it makes you think. He will never love us as much as he did Dagenham. He fell over on a pristine pitch, allowing Saggaff to poke in the goal that changed the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it deliberately, knowing it could never be proven

Are you seriously questioning Agogo’s integrity, professionalism and honesty? Wow.

So far, with this squad, I’ve not been made aware of an instance where I’d question them. Whether they are good enough, is for another debate, but they are an honest bunch who are struggling at the moment. No one is knocking on the physio door demanding to miss games, which had happened on more than one occasion over recent seasons with mysterious injuries that developed after the last training session, or the morning of a match.

I haven’t seen the Daggers highlights, and I won’t, I never do when we lose, so not aware of the instance you mention, but you seem to have it in for Agogo as he played for Daggers.

You say he’ll never “love” Southend, like he “loved” Daggers. I hate to break it to you but very, very few players who have played for us “love” the Club. They enjoy their time, they look back fondly, but unless they support the Club, they don’t “love” it despite what has been said in the press. It’s a job. We love the Club, we are fans of the Club so of course we love it, but if football was our “job” we all believe we’d stay at Southend for the rest of our careers and go down as a legend, but the truth is if another club come in and make you a better offer and you can live more comfortably, make your families live a bit easier then you go.

I really enjoy my job, it’s the best one I’ve had in my life, however if I’m offered the same role but more money elsewhere then I’ll be off, and I’d suggest thats the same for around 95% of us.

Well it makes you think. He will never love us as much as he did Dagenham. He fell over on a pristine pitch, allowing Saggaff to poke in the goal that changed the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it deliberately, knowing it could never be proven

Crikey Barry. I bet you believe Neil Armstrong never went to the Moon. You're thinking too deeply about our players mate. They are just not good enough for the most part. Only Bridge, Dalby, Ralph, Murphy, Arnold (and Egbri as an impact sub) are really OK for this division. The others try hard (until we go behind anyway) but they just aren't as good as the players in most of the teams we have played and their confidence level is as low as Lincolnshire. No conspiracy, no cheating, no subterfuge.....just not up to the job I'm afraid.

Well he wasn't seen celebrating with the Daggers players in a pub after the game so you are definitely barking up the wrong tree

Crikey Barry. I bet you believe Neil Armstrong never went to the Moon. You're thinking too deeply about our players mate. They are just not good enough for the most part. Only Bridge, Dalby, Ralph, Murphy, Arnold (and Egbri as an impact sub) are really OK for this division. The others try hard (until we go behind anyway) but they just aren't as good as the players in most of the teams we have played and their confidence level is as low as Lincolnshire. No conspiracy, no cheating, no subterfuge.....just not up to the job I'm afraid.
Sorry BM, having lived in various parts of Lincs, I'm going to have to come over all Stato. Wolds Top at 551 ft is the highest point in Lincs, whereas Chrishall Common at 482 ft is the highest in Essex. It's mostly the Fens and coast that are flat. The rest of that (very large) county is not.

You're right about confidence, though. And that's at least 50% of football, in my opinion. Maybe a sports psychologist is what's needed.

Are you seriously questioning Agogo’s integrity, professionalism and honesty? Wow.

So far, with this squad, I’ve not been made aware of an instance where I’d question them. Whether they are good enough, is for another debate, but they are an honest bunch who are struggling at the moment. No one is knocking on the physio door demanding to miss games, which had happened on more than one occasion over recent seasons with mysterious injuries that developed after the last training session, or the morning of a match.

I haven’t seen the Daggers highlights, and I won’t, I never do when we lose, so not aware of the instance you mention, but you seem to have it in for Agogo as he played for Daggers.

You say he’ll never “love” Southend, like he “loved” Daggers. I hate to break it to you but very, very few players who have played for us “love” the Club. They enjoy their time, they look back fondly, but unless they support the Club, they don’t “love” it despite what has been said in the press. It’s a job. We love the Club, we are fans of the Club so of course we love it, but if football was our “job” we all believe we’d stay at Southend for the rest of our careers and go down as a legend, but the truth is if another club come in and make you a better offer and you can live more comfortably, make your families live a bit easier then you go.

I really enjoy my job, it’s the best one I’ve had in my life, however if I’m offered the same role but more money elsewhere then I’ll be off, and I’d suggest thats the same for around 95% of us.
Do yourself a favour and watch just their first goal. He completely stacks it unprompted, no real cause, and it swung the game in favour of *his* club. Some of you want to defend a man who belongs to the enemy and it's that acceptance attitude that explains why we're on a downward curve again

Do yourself a favour and watch just their first goal. He completely stacks it unprompted, no real cause, and it swung the game in favour of *his* club. Some of you want to defend a man who belongs to the enemy and it's that acceptance attitude that explains why we're on a downward curve again

Hahaha.

People do fall over. Did you go onto the pitch? Do you know what footwear he was wearing?

I go out running a lot, and the amount of times I roll an ankle on perfectly flat road is ridiculous. So people do just fall over. It’s not a crime to fall over.

He doesn’t support Daggers, so they are not “his” Club. They are a former employer.

Just so you know, and hopefully to put some of your nonsense to bed, Ogogo choose us over Daggers in the Summer, along with a couple of other Clubs too. If Daggers were “his” Club, surely he’d have picked them. Instead he decided to sabotage their rivals, makes perfect sense hahaha.

Your morning coffee is far too strong Barry. Save words like "the enemy" for wartime, not sport. Ogogo played over a hundred games for Shrewsbury. Do you think they have him on a retainer just in case we get them in the Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back