• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Abuse of other members

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Hi all, it has come to our attention once more that some members are playing the member rather than the post. Times are so frustrating for us all atm not just with the football club but in the greater world out there.

Please just respond to the others post and do not attack the person who has made it. The Mod team are superb on here and we have a forum that is greatly admired by many. We are known to have one of the best football and general topic forums out there, where we allow members to speak their minds quite freely, but cannot tolerate abuse of others. We also do not allow "sock puppets" and notice we have a few atm, these will be removed. If for some reason you have a problem with your log in details you can use the "contact us" form where we will be able to help you. If you have a valid reason or are upset about anothers post we have the report post facility there for you all to use.

The rules of The Zone are quite simple to understand and for those that have not read them they can be found here. https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/help/terms/

Lets all hope our team turn a corner very soon, we are all as frustrated as each other, but we are "ONE" in supporting the team we love, so please play nicely.

John and the Mod team.

Last edited:
And the IGNORE option for a poster that continually repeats the same poorly thought out posting is also something that is, imo, under used.

Try it, please, it does screen out unwanted items.

My only issue is that too often the ignored member is quoted by others so nullifying, partially the effect.

I use the ignore feature petty regularly. In fact I think at one time I had more people on ignore than not. The only problem is if a person on ignore starts a thread I never see it. A blessing some might say but then I miss the sensible reposts. However I think mods should consider amending the title of threads if it is nasty and insulting and unnecessary as one recent one was.

And the IGNORE option for a poster that continually repeats the same poorly thought out posting is also something that is, imo, under used.

Try it, please, it does screen out unwanted items.

My only issue is that too often the ignored member is quoted by others so nullifying, partially the effect.

Indeed. There are a number of people on my ignore list. You do have to have quite strong willpower to not read their stuff because SZ will allow you to view ignored posts!

One thing that does become tiresome is when a poster creates numerous threads with different titles that are essentially the same arguments regurgitated. I know it would be difficult for the mods to continually merge threads, so it really is up to us to make use of threads that are already running.

One thing that does become tiresome is when a poster creates numerous threads with different titles that are essentially the same arguments regurgitated. I know it would be difficult for the mods to continually merge threads, so it really is up to us to make use of threads that are already running.

This hasn’t gone unnoticed, and steps have been taken to reduce this kind of repetition.

I literally just had to google the term sock puppets as an alternative to crafts with the kids, I must be getting so old now!

Keep up the good work folks, the zone is a godsend for gauging all angles of sentiment around the club these days ??
I'm 37 and never heard of it. I must not be as "down wit the kids" as I thought :Dunce:

Although thinking about it now it makes sense. Punch and Judy shows with many characters but only the one pair off hands. That's the way to do it!

Good with all of this, although I'm a little concerned that this might see the demise of 'Mad Cyril'?

Unless he is a real person that is.

Does anyone read the Echo comments? Some Ron/Ray person has so many easer names and all very offencive most of the time, this person just gets away with it.

Me too as had never heard it before - do people really do this?
Yeah. I've seen many times in various places when people are using a second account to agree with their own discussion points. Sometimes moderators detect them, sometimes they give themselves away by forgetting which account they're posting from at any given moment.

I've even seen someone create sockpuppets to make abusive and aggressive posts towards himself to "prove" that he was being unfairly criticised.

People are bonkers, basically.

Good with all of this, although I'm a little concerned that this might see the demise of 'Mad Cyril'?

Unless he is a real person that is.
Mad Cyril exists, I have seen him with my own mince pies, in his lycra, full Mammel mode supping an ale in The Tap.
MC isn't, as far as I am concerned, anywhere close to being offensive or abusive is he?
Certainly not a sock puppet.

undoubtedly Shrimperzone has been used to run certain agendas....

anyway I do apologise if I have been rude to anyone .

Back