• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
Following my little slip & short ban. Could somebody clarify or preferably justify (I know it your bat & ball, but humour me) this decision. Yes I know I shouldn't have called Defiler a ********, but I apologised BEFORE I was banned. Certain people apologise AFTER & its OK

Firstly, how many mods does it take to decide on a ban, especially on a Saturday when a few are likely to be at an away game? The reason I ask is if its only one, then if I was to slag a friend of a mod off, I'm likely to get banned in a second.

Secondly, how does the bullying & abuse of OBL, carry on unhindered & seemingly unnoticed. I know a few were banned last week, but this has gone on for months & I know from talking to OBL, she is peed off & sick of it.

Thirdly, why wasn't Pubey banned for his comments about ******** **** ********** ****** * ****** * **** ****** *** ** ** *****? That is the kind of comment that could get SZ sued & shut down! Luckily for Pubey, A_S lives 600 miles away or Pubey would be spending Xmas in hospital. I still have the ache over his comments, as I consider Mr & Mrs B, friends of mine. Senga did not deserve that kind of abuse. For Pubey to apologise & get green rep for being "man" enough to say sorry, is sick. Please mods, delete those undeserved greens. If he was man enough, he would have sent Senga flowers as an apology. I have her address if he wants to do that!

Lastly, instead of a straight ban, how about the Mods putting a yellow card on a post & PM'ing to the guilty party the same. Then if they do it again, they get a 2nd yellow card & get a one day/week ban. If the offence is more serious e.g. Big Shrimp you are a ****ing ****** etc, then a straught red is fine. ******** isn't in the same league & I could have said a naughty word or just put 4 stars in its place. Perhaps you should include ******** in your swear filter if its a serious problem!!

Rant over, but I think several of us would appreciate a few answers. BTW, I love the site & enjoy going on it & hopefully adding some value too. I just thought yesterday was OTT.

Cheers!

I think a yellow card system would be fair. Some people seem to get away with things on here don't know why!

I'd rather be banned than be the Hornchurch Tart lol! And that's after my Essex map directions to the power's that be.......

Firstly, how many mods does it take to decide on a ban, especially on a Saturday when a few are likely to be at an away game? The reason I ask is if its only one, then if I was to slag a friend of a mod off, I'm likely to get banned in a second.
There's five owners. All entitled to one vote.

Next, I'm saying this from own opinion, and not as one of the mods.
Luckily for Pubey, A_S lives 600 miles away or Pubey would be spending Xmas in hospital.
What a ridiculous statement to make. Not sure why you seem intent on stirring this one up either as not the first time this has been mentioned again. Considering the "live chat" guys all consider each other friends, personally not sure why it is such a big deal. (I know I've certainly said worse to mates & their girlfriends!)

Luckily for Pubey, AS has a brain and realises it was just an attempt at being funny on an internet forum.

It was clearly not an abusive post though.

Perhaps you should include ******** in your swear filter if its a serious problem!!
It is, which is why you should have been subject to a 24 ban for using the "1" instead of the "i" to get round the filter.

Not sure repeating what Pubey said was completely necessary to get your point across to be honest. It might be better if that section is edited so as to make the point but not in so much detail!

I never saw his post but I would say that if those sort of remarks were made then there should have been a ban. Posts can be "reported" which I think I read somewhere then goes to all the mods/owners. That way appropriate action can be taken for that post without expecting a mod/owner to find it. Maybe if people have issue with a post they take this route rather than responding and fuelling the fire which often ensues afterwards in the thread.

I have received a warning in the past...a yellow card, if you like, so those things do exist in certain circumstances. Perhaps the mods/owners feel that in some cases a short 24 hour ban is more appropriate as in some cases, perhaps more on a friday/sat night any naughty posts are more likely to be drink fuelled. I guess in those instances PMing a warning isnt going to cut any ice. Not saying its appropriate in all cases obviously or indeed in this but am sure it happens.

And I am sure that each of the mods/owners have differing views on what is and isnt abuse in the same way that a lot of people on here have. Is it abuse or friendly banter? They cant read every post or be in every thread to police exactly what is going on everywhere.

Perhaps the best form of police is for people to think what they are posting before they hit the "submit reply" button.

There's five owners. All entitled to one vote.

Next, I'm saying this from own opinion, and not as one of the mods.
What a ridiculous statement to make. Not sure why you seem intent on stirring this one up either as not the first time this has been mentioned again. Considering the "live chat" guys all consider each other friends, personally not sure why it is such a big deal. (I know I've certainly said worse to mates & their girlfriends!)

Luckily for Pubey, AS has a brain and realises it was just an attempt at being funny on an internet forum.

It was clearly not an abusive post though.

It is, which is why you should have been subject to a 24 ban for using the "1" instead of the "i" to get round the filter.

If you believe, then you should not be using the name Einstein, as that is total gonads! If it was such a joke Senga would not have stopped using SZfor the short period of time she did! A lame apology after the event & after a few messages in his PM box or ear, may have prompted that. I will go into more detail by PM if you want, but I won't go further on here.

It seems, as others have also said, some people get away with more than others do. I only used the 1 out of habit, not to bypass the filter. I didn't think richard cranium was on the filter, especially as Dick is a shorten form of my name which I don't use!

Not sure repeating what Pubey said was completely necessary to get your point across to be honest. It might be better if that section is edited so as to make the point but not in so much detail!
I never saw his post but I would say that if those sort of remarks were made then there should have been a ban. Posts can be "reported" which I think I read somewhere then goes to all the mods/owners. That way appropriate action can be taken for that post without expecting a mod/owner to find it. Maybe if people have issue with a post they take this route rather than responding and fuelling the fire which often ensues afterwards in the thread.

I have received a warning in the past...a yellow card, if you like, so those things do exist in certain circumstances. Perhaps the mods/owners feel that in some cases a short 24 hour ban is more appropriate as in some cases, perhaps more on a friday/sat night any naughty posts are more likely to be drink fuelled. I guess in those instances PMing a warning isnt going to cut any ice. Not saying its appropriate in all cases obviously or indeed in this but am sure it happens.

And I am sure that each of the mods/owners have differing views on what is and isnt abuse in the same way that a lot of people on here have. Is it abuse or friendly banter? They cant read every post or be in every thread to police exactly what is going on everywhere.

Perhaps the best form of police is for people to think what they are posting before they hit the "submit reply" button.

But its all a harmless joke that everybody was rolling around on the floor in fits of laughter! Double standards mate!

Yes it should have been a ban & complaints were made, but quickly ignored. Double standards again!

I've said my bit & will leave it there now!

What most people do not realise is just how much goes on behind the scenes moderating inappropriate posts, dealing with complaints because people can't seem to be able to behave like adults, and generally just trying to keep the board running smoothly.

Personal abuse of any kind on this site carries a ban. Calling someone a ******** quite obviously falls outside of the rules. Yesterday, one of the owners/moderators decided to put in place a short one day ban for the comments made. Yes folks, one day. Immediately the ban was instigated, the owner posted a comment in our moderators forum asking for opinions.

As always happens when a ban is instigated, the ban is discussed by all of the owners/moderators. In this instance, due to the apology given and the poster's usually exemplary behaviour, the ban was considered to be too harsh and immediately rescinded. Thus the draconian one day ban lasted all of about 30 minutes!

As a group we do the best we can and we won't always get it right, but I find it ridiculous to now spend further time debating the insides and outs of a decision taken that was overturned within something like 30 minutes!

For the record, we do have a warning procedure but, at the same time, there are rules in place and we expect people to act like adults.

Bottom line: Don't call someone a ********! Don't get banned.

I've not bothered reading the whole thread, but surely this is a personal issue and one that could be discussed in private via PMs?

What most people do not realise is just how much goes on behind the scenes moderating inappropriate posts, dealing with complaints because people can't seem to be able to behave like adults, and generally just trying to keep the board running smoothly.

Personal abuse of any kind on this site carries a ban. Calling someone a ******** quite obviously falls outside of the rules. Yesterday, one of the owners/moderators decided to put in place a short one day ban for the comments made. Yes folks, one day. Immediately the ban was instigated, the owner posted a comment in our moderators forum asking for opinions.

As always happens when a ban is instigated, the ban is discussed by all of the owners/moderators. In this instance, due to the apology given and the poster's usually exemplary behaviour, the ban was considered to be too harsh and immediately rescinded. Thus the draconian one day ban lasted all of about 30 minutes!
As a group we do the best we can and we won't always get it right, but I find it ridiculous to now spend further time debating the insides and outs of a decision taken that was overturned within something like 30 minutes!

Bottom line: Don't call someone a ********! Don't get banned.

5-6 hours to be exact, not 30 minutes & only after certain people switched off their Facebook when I tried to ask them a question. Also other members had to contact another mod to address it. Yes I shouldn't have could Defiler a DH, but I apologised as soon as I went back onto my PC. Compared to other instances, it was minor & won't happen again..

To be totally honest, I still have the ache over the way certain women are treated on here, especially after Pubey's comments weren't jumped on, unlike my DH comments!

:soapbox:

:chill:

I've not bothered reading the whole thread, but surely this is a personal issue and one that could be discussed in private via PMs?

I tried, but didn't get a reply to two emails & a Mod ignored me twice on FB. I did try, honest!

Yes I shouldn't have could Defiler a DH...

Agreed.

..., but I apologised as soon as I went back onto my PC. Compared to other instances, it was minor & won't happen again..

Again agreed which is why the ban was rescinded.

To be totally honest, I still have the ache over the way certain women are treated on here, especially after Pubey's comments weren't jumped on, unlike my DH comments!

:soapbox:

:chill:

I understand where you're coming from BS, but we do not/cannot watch everything that happens on here. As it happens the comments made by Pubey were in the Live Thread where many of us only enter infrequently and we could only take action when the comments were brought to our attention. In truth, we didn't handle that particular problem particularly well but we're human and sometimes time gets the better of us.

As before though, what happened there is irrelevant.
Don't engage in personal abuse, don't get banned.

Agreed.

Again agreed which is why the ban was rescinded.

I understand where you're coming from BS, but we do not/cannot watch everything that happens on here. As it happens the comments made by Pubey were in the Live Thread where many of us only enter infrequently and we could only take action when the comments were brought to our attention. In truth, we didn't handle that particular problem particularly well but we're human and sometimes time gets the better of us.

As before though, what happened there is irrelevant.
Don't engage in personal abuse, don't get banned.

I know that & to be honest, when I go on the "live" bit I just join & can't be bothered to read through most of the stuff before. Therefore, I appreciate what you are saying about monitoring it. I just felt that the Pubey incident was badly handled, which has been acknowledged.

All I ask is that the certain bullying & crap attitude towards women, is stamped (I know you've done so recently.)

Subject closed for me now, so lock it when you are ready!

If I complain about a post frm Cricko will that complaint get forwarded to the man himself. He regularly brings up a part of my physical appearence that I am quite sensitive about and it is becoming very hurtful.

If I complain about a post frm Cricko will that complaint get forwarded to the man himself. He regularly brings up a part of my physical appearence that I am quite sensitive about and it is becoming very hurtful.

Please tell us what is the physical senistive area ?

Take no notice of Stevie GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back