• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Abusive Chanters - pictures released to UK media

Spurs fans who joined in a few chants may have a shock when logging on today.....

Fair enough or over the top?

How do you charge just those people though? Surely they will just say that they were part of the crowd...

It's a tough one this, i think we are all guilty of saying, singing, chanting things at football that we would'nt dream of during the rest of the week. Is there a limit? There perhaps should be but i'm not sure there is

How do you charge just those people though? Surely they will just say that they were part of the crowd...

It's a tough one this, i think we are all guilty of saying, singing, chanting things at football that we would'nt dream of during the rest of the week. Is there a limit? There perhaps should be but i'm not sure there is

Those images were prob taken and aided by CCTV images. Lip reading experts and all that malarky I guess will help bring them down.

Some may think it is a little unacceptable but personally I think it's high time people like this were reprimanded. Everyone knows football is all about the banter a lot of the time and I am sure that players accept that moving to rivals will often be controversial, but it is part and parcel of football. I don't however, think it is acceptable in this day and age to be racially abused for something like this.

Hope the people responsible are banned and fined, they deserve it.

Some may think it is a little unacceptable but personally I think it's high time people like this were reprimanded. Everyone knows football is all about the banter a lot of the time and I am sure that players accept that moving to rivals will often be controversial, but it is part and parcel of football. I don't however, think it is acceptable in this day and age to be racially abused for something like this.

I agree with that. Some things overstep the lines of banter, racism and anything that glorifies things like death are not welcome in football.

And there is probably someone sitting at home thinking mwahahaha I was the culprit, definitely won't find the culprit. Just fine the club mega money for not controlling their fans :D

Four kids who have unfortunatly drowned to death get less newspaper space than a silly story about how someone on 100k a week is upset about some shouting from the terrace's .................its a funny world ??

Four kids who have unfortunatly drowned to death get less newspaper space than a silly story about how someone on 100k a week is upset about some shouting from the terrace's .................its a funny world ??

It is

Whar are your views on abuse thrown at players, away fans, officials etc? Everything fair game?

Fair enough if you ask me. Makes me laugh how these football supporters expect to stand there and abuse a player and thing its ok. If the player turned round and abused them back, they would be screaming at the police to arrest him. Remember the Donovan Rickets incident where he got sent off for making a gesture to the people who had been openly abusing him, who then thought lets cry the stewards and the police because a footballer has retaliated.

Fair enough if you ask me. Makes me laugh how these football supporters expect to stand there and abuse a player and thing its ok. If the player turned round and abused them back, they would be screaming at the police to arrest him. Remember the Donovan Rickets incident where he got sent off for making a gesture to the people who had been openly abusing him, who then thought lets cry the stewards and the police because a footballer has retaliated.

Very good point, i think you have to be prepared to take it if you give out stick. One of the most famous cases being Robbie Fowler and a dubious goal celebration at Everton. That was quite funny i thought, as long as players aren't just sticking two fingers up all game banter between a crowd and player is what footballs about.

Hmmm... tricky one. I couldn't possibly agree with your post more! However, I have to confess that I found the whole Donovan Rickets situation hugely enjoyable at the time.

:clap:

In fairness i don't recall it happening that way, I thought that Ricketts was getting grief for a foul which was not picked up, gestured to the fans and the Lino spotted it, drew the refs attention to it and he got sent off. It was Ricketts who involved the police etc, by claiming he was racially abused and the stewards got involved to remove the alleged abuser (wrongly as it turns out)

That said, I agree with your sentiment, they should not be allowed to abuse someone and regarding DB's post its regardless of how much he earns , abuse is abuse

Last edited:
Im all for the ending of racist chants at football matches, but can someone please tell me why Spurs fans can chant 'YIDS' for 90mins, while the away fans face eviction for any Anti-Sematic chants? .. i guess it goes back to the 'N'-word argument?

It is

Whar are your views on abuse thrown at players, away fans, officials etc? Everything fair game?

My views are that it is wrong , i'm not denying that , just can't see how it is such a big story , the mosts that gonna happen if they get convicted is that they get banned from watching Football for a few years .

I also add that it must be very hard to convict someone albeit, it may have been on CCTV without the use of sound , i understand the lip readers may get involved but hand on heart can they convict someone by lip reading them as you have to be 100% correct and beyond doubt that they were involved .

If i were on the Jury panel i don't think i could convict them as i wouldn't be 100% sure what they said , i'm just going by what an individual has made out by way of lip reading by way of CCTV footage .

I suppose if a jury failed to convict, the prosecution could always try and get them on a charge of offensive ugliness.

My views are that it is wrong , i'm not denying that , just can't see how it is such a big story , the mosts that gonna happen if they get convicted is that they get banned from watching Football for a few years .

I also add that it must be very hard to convict someone albeit, it may have been on CCTV without the use of sound , i understand the lip readers may get involved but hand on heart can they convict someone by lip reading them as you have to be 100% correct and beyond doubt that they were involved .

If i were on the Jury panel i don't think i could convict them as i wouldn't be 100% sure what they said , i'm just going by what an individual has made out by way of lip reading by way of CCTV footage .

I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything mate, just curious :)

Even in the absence of a successful prosecution I reckon that the people who participate in that kind of abuse will think a little harder about it first in future. The absence of consequences is of critical importance to the bully - take away that certainty and he's not so brave after all.

Back