• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Academy retained list

Napster

No ⭐
Mpenga, Brogan, Dabbs and Eastwood have left

Lambourne, Davis, Quamina, Anyadike, Coker, Wallace, Unwin, Brown, Shala and Grossart taken uop third year

A shame about Freddy, it would have been an amazing story if he'd made it to the first team. I hope he doesn't "sack it off" like his Dad did when he got released by West Ham

A shame about Freddy, it would have been an amazing story if he'd made it to the first team. I hope he doesn't "sack it off" like his Dad did when he got released by West Ham
I did see him play a few weeks ago and has put on a lot of timber from the waist down, won’t help with his fitness at all.

Echo what others have said about Freddy as it would’ve been a fairytale. Surprised about Mpenga too. Looked a strong and physical striker who scored a few goals too. Wonder why he’s been let go.

Echo what others have said about Freddy as it would’ve been a fairytale. Surprised about Mpenga too. Looked a strong and physical striker who scored a few goals too. Wonder why he’s been let go.

Yeah Mpenga was banging in the goals - wasn't he out injured for a long time as well? If so maybe that is something to do with it.

Yeah Mpenga was banging in the goals - wasn't he out injured for a long time as well? If so maybe that is something to do with it.

Don't think he was prolific for that level - much less so than Acquah for example who has just been released and people think can't score for toffee.

The standouts in this intake were Charlie Kelman - who made his debut 6 managers ago - and probably Callum Taylor who was released earlier this season.

Kelman aside (and he probably played up a year or two) this was probably our weakest class of scholars for about 5 years but it only takes one player to make the class a success and with Charlie it undoubtedly was.

Once Charlie was sold I held out more hope for the year below with players like Oli Coker, Jimmy Wallace and Bobby Unwin.

Does anyone have any news on this year's 1st year scholars?

I heard from a very good source that freddy jnr was more interested in flogging second hand cars with his dad then playing football!! Obviously didnt have the want and dedication to make it pro!

I heard from a very good source that freddy jnr was more interested in flogging second hand cars with his dad then playing football!! Obviously didnt have the want and dedication to make it pro!
Don't write off Freddy jnr yet. Lots of great players bounce back from comparable set-backs. Freddy senior got released by West Ham before going on to a very good career via Grays and Southend.

Just been in the OS & read the Academy retained & released list.

Very surprised & somewhat sad to see Fred Eastwood Jr been released, thought he was a good young prospect.

Back