• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Academy to expand into Chelmsford

The Shadow squad will play full Academy teams and Shadow Squads from the EPL/EFL. Perhaps EJA sides on occasion. They won’t be playing against your typical Sunday league Mini/Junior teams.
Ah ok, there are a couple of the lads on Dylan's team who play for Colchester. Their matches aren't on a sunday and they play academy teams (mostly in school holidays and the odd midweek game). Is this the same kind of thing? If Dylan can continue to play with City then I might take him over to the trials.

This shadow squad isn't all it seems. Apparently they still train and play in Southend, I was told the training is Friday at 6pm which is not ideal if you live in Chelmsford and work! Don't think we'll be picking up much talent, the lads from Chelmsford city who were interested are all staying at Chelmsford.

A squad that trains in Chelmsford at the very least would be much better

This shadow squad isn't all it seems. Apparently they still train and play in Southend, I was told the training is Friday at 6pm which is not ideal if you live in Chelmsford and work! Don't think we'll be picking up much talent, the lads from Chelmsford city who were interested are all staying at Chelmsford.
A squad that trains in Chelmsford at the very least would be much better

IMG_20220708_132251.jpg

I'm not sure where the matches will be held, but the training sessions will be in Chelmsford

Oh right, seems I was misinformed! It did seem strange to me that it would be in Southend, kind of defeats the object.
The Chelmsford shadow sessions also begin in September, possibly the original shadow squad based in Southend they were referring to? Still, good to see Southend branching a bit further out with this programme 👍🏻

Good news that the club is looking to set up another shadow squad, this time in Chelmsford, expanding our Academy’s reach further.
Love this. If we get it right our catchment area is huge. If we can identify these young lads before they get spotted by the London Prem clubs we’ll be laughing.

Back