• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onlyonekingkevin

Designer
i was down David Lloyds the day talking to Mark Phillips about contracts and a few other things .

before talking to him i was under the impression that Himself , Barry corr and Chris Barker were all out of contact , especially Barry Corr.

but according to Mark the 3 of them all have contracts . i said to him that the papers are saying that Barry is out of contract but because he still lives in London , he doesn't read the local papers .

so as far as Mark is aware Barry will be here next season .

he also said that the whole team are happy about Bilel going , which made me laugh haha

and he also said that he hasn't properly spoke to Phil Brown yet , and doesn't know a lot about him :/ i found this a bit strange , but oh well .

just thought i would share this x

Barry Corr has an option to extend his contract by a year I believe, but from what I've read it seems like we are negotiating a deal with him and I guess that will be either because we want him on a longer contract, cheaper contract or both.

I think it was mentioned on here than Chris Barker's contract automatically extended because of the amount of appearances he made this season.

Mark Phillips signed a 2 year contract after winning POTY in 2011-12 season, so still has another year left.

Thinking about it I'm not surprised Brown hasn't spoken to Phillips much. He isn't out of contract and I bet Brown has been talking to those that are and also looking at transfer targets.

Before Phil Brown talkm to the players he knows he will have next season . He will spend a lot of his time talking to the players out of contract he wants to stay .Also no doubt he is spending a lot of time on the players he wants to bring to the club . So why would he spend time talking to contracted players now when he will do all that when they come back to pre season training .

After Brown left Phillips out of his Wembley team i think maybe its just as well for everyone he hasnt spoken to Brown since .... :gun:

Back