• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Accrington Stanley FC vs Southend Utd

What's your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Large

Come on now, what could be better than to continue our unbeaten start to 2020 than a drive of 266.29 miles (RAC route planner, Roots Hall to Wham) to our old mates Accrington at the Wham Stadium?

Improvement is slow under Sol but our last three games have seen us score three goals and concede three and that, fellow Zoners, is an improvement on the previous three games.

So here's the pre-match thread and your opportunity to offer up your starting eleven, predict the outcome of the game, discuss tactics, debate which player is better than another and let us all know what you feel about the game. This isn't the place to call Ron a tosser first class or debate whether players/club staff/Ron's cleaner etc have not been paid. There are loads of other opportunities to do that if you have to in other threads.

Either Hutchinson or Barrett need to come in for Milligan IMHO

and Kelman for Humphrey's

Milligan is keeping his place because he's a defensive midfielder whilst the two you've mentioned are better at going forwards, he's being kept in because he's the only player that fits the role Sol wants. Maybe if there really is a centre back coming in Dieng could get pushed up into Milligan's role but until then don't expect him to be dropped any time soon.

What would be really nice is to have a couple of new signings to pick from too. Especially a left back!

Well I'll be there. My first visit to Accrington. This is bad news for the team because I rarely see them win.

Mind you, the same could be said for most of us.

Milligan is keeping his place because he's a defensive midfielder whilst the two you've mentioned are better at going forwards, he's being kept in because he's the only player that fits the role Sol wants. Maybe if there really is a centre back coming in Dieng could get pushed up into Milligan's role but until then don't expect him to be dropped any time soon.

Not necessary with Demi on the pitch though, who is an actual defender. I agree with @Fitz and I've also put Hutch in for Milligan and Kelman for Humps.

Personally, I'd prefer a flat back 4 as I think McLaughlin is being criminally wasted as a wing back.

442 with 2 wingers :Worthy:

Oxley
Bwomono Kiernan Dieng White
Barratt Mantom Dimi Macca
Hopper Kelman​

442 with 2 wingers :Worthy:

Oxley
Bwomono Kiernan Dieng White
Barratt Mantom Dimi Macca
Hopper Kelman​

If we can get a left back in before the weekend or replace White with Clifford then I’d be happy with that team.

You win the prize Harry, I always leave one out, (by accident or deliberately) than wait to see what the next post says.

This is without doubt one of my favourite features of SZ. It probably shouldn't amuse me as much as it does, but we need to take our entertainment where we can these days.

ps There's only Two Terrell Egbris, two Terrell Egbris, there's only two Terrell Egbris (and no Tom Cliffords)

Adam Barrett retired in 2017 but he probably still makes more sense than starting Sam Barratt who has played 2 minutes after being out injured for 18 months. Barratt's going to be limited to cameos from the bench until he gets an u23 match or two under his belt.

This is without doubt one of my favourite features of SZ. It probably shouldn't amuse me as much as it does, but we need to take our entertainment where we can these days.

ps There's only Two Terrell Egbris, two Terrell Egbris, there's only two Terrell Egbris (and no Tom Cliffords)

I've stabbed the second Terrell now and blow me out popped Tom Clifford.

I doubt Barratt is ready for start, especially on a heavy and windy wet pitch that Accers have.
Milligan may get the nod from Sol, however I don't think he has another season in him so I would prefer Hutch to get the game time.

.......................................Oxley
Bwomono...... Milligan.... Dieng.... Clifford
.........Demetriou Hutchinson Mantom
.........Kelman.... Hopper....McLaughlin

Subs Bishop, White, Kiernan, Kinali, Barratt, Humprhys, Rush

Back