• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Accrington Stanley FC vs Southend Utd

What's your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to the votes cast for Saturday's selection the only contentious player issue is choosing between Milligan, Hutch, Hump or Charlie for the last 3 starting spots with nigh on 80% agreed with 8 starters.

Oxley

Bwomono White Dieng Clifford

Kiernan

Demitriou Mantom Maclaughlin

Hopper Kelman

Subs: Bishop, Milligan, Humphrys, Hutchinson, Goodship, Barratt, Kinali

Would like to see Kiernan in the DM role - thought he did OK there at the end of last season and offers more than Milligan. Hump is not doing the business up front so time to give Kelman a start alongside Hopper.

With Cox and Theo now gone, there is an opportunity for Goodship to fill the no 10 role, and with the right service from midfield he looks useful and would give Hump a run for his money. But, for any of this to work we need both Sam Barratt and Macca on the wings and someone in the middle as the playmaker. To do that, we need a left back urgently, and I would suggest another CH. We could then put Keirnan into the holding role to demote Milligan to the bench, and if we can entice a half fit Coker back, or Sam Hart back they are least know the other players. I would then keep Demi in midfield with Mantom.

I bunged Accrington into the BBC Weather app and it reports light rain on Friday am and then the forecast is dry from Friday afternoon through to Sunday. Saturday is predicted to be sunny intervals with a gentle breeze and 6°c.

I have spoke to Accy this morning who have told me it hasn't been that bad up there and they don't anticipate any issues.

I'm going so it will probably blow 90mph winds, thunder, lighting snow blizzards and we'll have a heat wave at about 4.45pm

:Smile2:

Will see fellow Shrimpers there.
Thirteen league grounds to go in the FL becomes 12 as I step foot into the Wham Crown Ground.

It is better. We're not being thrashed 3, 4 or 7 every week anymore.

Don't slaughter me for this, but I think we have past that point and are on a small up.

Just a couple of signings to reinforce that feeling for me........

I’d not change anything in defence or midfield but I’d swap Humphrys for Kelman to start the match. It’s a beautiful blue sky in Leigh-on-Sea so I’ll go for a Blues win. 2-1, Hopper and Kelman. Now where’s that nurse ....

How on earth do people think Barratt can start this game? He has played 10 minutes in 16 months, no u23 games or anything. He’s not ready to be more than an impact sub in the last 15

Back