• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Accrington Stanley v Southend United

There was a lengthy stoppage after an Accy player went down off the ball and the ref spoke to the lino and then both captains.

Looking back at the replay, Kiernan kicked out at the bloke but as he and Macca were together my guess is the lino was a bit unsighted and so wasn't 100% sure who had kicked out.

Kiernan is a lucky boy as it could have been a straight red.

Thank God we don't have VAR!

Lucky to be 1-1 to be hones. One cleared off the line, Oxley has made 3 good saves, a header over the bar from about 3 yards, and a couple of shots crosses wide, or just not getting a touch.

Stats say 60% of possession for Accrington and 12 shots already.

Formation isn’t working, we are too deep and there is too much space in the middle of the park. Missing Demi’s industry in there now he is RWB.

If I was Sol, I would put Milligan CB, Elvis RWB and Demi back in midfield, with Goodship just behind the front two.

Milligan hasn’t had a bad half to be honest though.

There was a lengthy stoppage after an Accy player went down off the ball and the ref spoke to the lino and then both captains.

Looking back at the replay, Kiernan kicked out at the bloke but as he and Macca were together my guess is the lino was a bit unsighted and so wasn't 100% sure who had kicked out.

Kiernan is a lucky boy as it could have been a straight red.

Thank God we don't have VAR!

Dunno how you managed to see that.I'm watching the game live on Ifollow and the camera didn't seem to pick up on the incident at all as it was off the ball.

Lucky to be 1-1 to be hones. One cleared off the line, Oxley has made 3 good saves, a header over the bar from about 3 yards, and a couple of shots crosses wide, or just not getting a touch.

Formation isn’t working, we are too deep and there is too much space in the middle of the park. Missing Demi’s industry in there now he is RWB.

If I was Sol, I would put Milligan CB, Elvis RWB and Demi back in midfield, with Goodship just behind the front two.

Why not just go 4-4-2, with Elvis moving to left back

I would have expected that to have been the formation. If Sol is playing Elvis at CB instead of Milligan then he is barking mad

That's what I though too.They've had a couple of near things from the left.

That’s worse than Elvis being CB. He’s no good at LB. Be interesting to see how Campbell sets them up second half.

Disagree, Elvis has played a left back quite a bit and done fine, whereas he's never played CB, ever!!!

Disagree, Elvis has played a left back quite a bit and done fine, whereas he's never played CB, ever!!!
When did he play well at left back? The last time I remember him going there is against Gillingham away and he was shocking, Macca spent the whole time covering him.. he’s one footed ..

Obviously pleased we’ve scored again, but in recent weeks it seems neither we or whoever we’re playing can take the lead without the other side almost immediately equalising..

Back