• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Starting line-up Bentley, White, Bolger, Prosser, Coker, Hurst, Clifford, Leonard, Coulthirst, Corr, Weston

Who had Atkinson being dropped?

Gone for Clifford over Atkinson I suppose as Clifford is more defensive, not wanting to lose our first game:stunned:

I only saw one pre-season and Clifford was atrocious, but I don't read much into pre-season.

That midfield three looks like very vulnerable with only Leonard competent defensively.

Southend Vs Accrington

TODAY'S TEAM VS. ACCRINGTON
Starting XI: Bentley; White, Bolger, Prosser, Coker; Hurst, Leonard, Clifford, Coulthirst; Weston, Corr.
Subs: P. Smith, Payne, Atkinson, Worrall, Ibenfeldt, Thompson, Barnard.

It is an attacking line up, small pitch and has a slope.
Starting Clifford gives him his chance & hopefully he will be worthy.

Looks extremely open to me. I guess brown wants to make a statement.

Looks like a solid enough 442
Bentley
White Bolger Prosser Coker
Hurst Leonard Clifford Weston
Corr Coulthirst

Try and make it look like a 433 it doesn't work
Two up front and looks pretty attacking to me without being hung ho
Very strong bench

Pure speculation, but 4-2-3-1? Weston behind Corr with Coulthirst and Hurst inside forwards? I dunno...

Looks like a solid enough 442
Bentley
White Bolger Prosser Coker
Hurst Leonard Clifford Weston
Corr Coulthirst

Try and make it look like a 433 it doesn't work
Two up front and looks pretty attacking to me without being hung ho
Very strong bench

They've named Weston amongst the forwards but I agree that XI makes more sense as a 4-4-2.

Has to be 4-4-2 otherwise playing three in the middle means Hurst playing in there, if he was gonna play three centrally then Atkinson would start.

New season and fresh start for Clifford, I'm not a fan but hope he proves me wrong.

UTB

Bitch of a bench, I bet a lot of Div 2 sides would like to be that strong, lots of alternatives there if necessary.

I'm glad we are more attacking. Our main problem last season was lack of goals. Let's give Accers lots to worry about.

Back