• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Adam Barrett @ Club Shop and Reserves v Norwich City Tomorrow

SUFC Forever

Manager
I noticed earlier in the week that the official site said that Adam Barrett would be at the club shop on Tuesday signing copies of his charity poster at 4.00pm. This now seems to have disappeared so does anybody know if this will still be taking place?

The reserves are also at home tomorrow v Norwich City (3pm kick off according to OS) and as I have a day off, I was thinking of going along to watch the game and at the same time supporting Sir Adam by buying a couple of these.

Anybody able to shed any light on if his signing is going ahead, cancelled etc?

If Kick-Off is deffinitely 3, I may make my way down there.

Edit, and it's still on the website:

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/AlsoInNewsDetail/0,,10444~1269309,00.html

:)

Excellent Jay and thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Little Haven Childrens Hospice is a well worthwhile charity to support and I will ring the club tomorrow to see if the event is still going ahead - AB certainly is to be commended for doing this and deseves to be supported in his efforts to raise money for them.

I thought KO in reserve games was usually 2.00pm (that is what it was for the two I have seen at RH this season) but it is listed as being 3.00pm on the site so I think that would be worth checking out too, just to be on the safe side.

Agreed. AB is a legend in many peoples eyes and what he is doing is amazing. Any money they get will be greatfully recieved, I can reassure you of that. I am often donating things to LHCH along with my next door neighbour, seeing as we both know people who have been there previously. What they do is such an amazing thing and although no amount of money can applaud them for what they do, they need it. So good on AB for doing this, I hope he raises lots of money.

And I thought 3pm was a little strange, might need to confirm that. If it is deffinitely 3pm though, I'll try and make it. Not sure I can make it 100% though.

It says 14:00 on the Norwich site.

I'd tend to believe that as the correct KO time as they can never seem to get the information about reserve team games correct on the OS.

McScriven out!!.

reserves normally kick off at 2pm and the league web site has it as 2.

2pm kick off it definately is. OS now has it online and a very strong Blues line up will be turning out today.

Well worth going along if you have a chance to get there. Watch the game and buy Adam's poster after the match as well.

just thought id bump this up to the top to remind people to come on down and support adam and purchase a signed poster!

Just like to say, as if we needed reminding, what a top bloke Adam is. He arrived at 4 on the dot, signed anything he was asked to and had plenty of time for a chat.

He is, incidentally, visiting the hospice tomorrow.

UTB,

Nick.

Top bloke indeed

Listened as I babbled away incoherently

Chatted to fans, signed posters, posed for photos

Top man, I was very late to the club shop and Barrett was about to leave and he hung around for a bit longer to sign my poster and more posters for fans who would like a copy that didn't get one. Great that he is doing it for charity, that shows that he is a top bloke and he deserves to be the club captain!!!

Top Man!!!

Damn, if only I hadn't been working. I could then have asked him whether he enjoyed cuddling opposition forwards so much. Had another attempt yesterday - see Echo photo for details.

Bailey for Captain when we get promoted. Very hard to captain a team from the bench. :p

Back