• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

Executive decision has been made that when we present AB with the photo montage we will, at the same time, give him his flag as well.

We will be doing this locally, venue to be arranged, and the people who donated will be welcome to attend the evening and sign the flag with a message. ---- obviously those who can't make it, we can write a message for you.

Sound good ?

Executive decision has been made that when we present AB with the photo montage we will, at the same time, give him his flag as well.

We will be doing this locally, venue to be arranged, and the people who donated will be welcome to attend the evening and sign the flag with a message. ---- obviously those who can't make it, we can write a message for you.

Sound good ?

Does to me.:thumbsup:

Would it not be more fitting to present it before a match at Roots Hall or has he been banned from the ground?

Why are we giving him the flag? Personally, I think this should still be on show at Roots Hall.

As for as the hierarchy of SUFC are concerned he is history.

Why keep flying the flag ?

Agree with OBL. At least it would give the 'hierarchy' the finger if nothing else? I'd love to see it as a permanent fixture. AB, Southend legend! :Worthy:

Wasn't there a pitch side presentation of the banner to Barrett? If there was then surely it's his memento to do with as he sees fit.

He will be back as Manager one day :Worthy:

Blimey. Can't help feel some take this a bit far. AB may prove a great coach...or may not
To suggest he may be a future manager based on him being a legend on the pitch? Random comment based on nothing tangible yet...

Just a suggestion but could we not keep the banner and display it at homes games, Chelsea do this for their banners for current and ex legends and it looks very impressive.

I say let him have the flag, unless we can hang it at the back of W Block on a permanent basis.

It's such a shame that Neil Harris decided to get him on his coaching staff, as soon as he is available (because "He's got real drive and enthusiasm")...yet, the club where he has legendary status, don't require his services. Managers like PB will come and go, but players like AB who understand the club and love it with a passion, are a rare breed and I think efforts should have been made to retain him in some capacity for the long term future of the club.

I say let him have the flag, unless we can hang it at the back of W Block on a permanent basis.

It's such a shame that Neil Harris decided to get him on his coaching staff, as soon as he is available (because "He's got real drive and enthusiasm")...yet, the club where he has legendary status, don't require his services. Managers like PB will come and go, but players like AB who understand the club and love it with a passion, are a rare breed and I think efforts should have been made to retain him in some capacity for the long term future of the club.

Agree with you,

Too many popular players have been harshly dealt with by the club....Tilson was shafted,end of,fact.

Back