• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Confirmed by official club twitter.

A truly great servant for the club he played with immense amounts of passion and he truly loved the club. Shame he wasn't able to get a proper send off on his last game. Wonder if it's an injury or knows he won't get another chance before the end of the season?

A season too far for him unfortunately but an absolute legend and I am sure we will see him around the club and back coaching the kids.

Loved him first time around....couldn't stop scoring from CB in promotion but THAT penalty at Wembley. HAVE THAT

Always showed true commitment and character when he pulled on a SUFC shirt. Like all of us, age caught up with him.
Good luck "Big Man".

As others have said a season to far but he really is an SUFC Legend. Best of luck for the future AB. Guess i will have to retire my BARRETT 26 Shirt now. Time to get it framed and maybe get the big fella to sign it

The word legend gets banded about a tad easily sometimes...but Barrett is a true legend 3 promotions with us....amazing.

I couldn't agree more. A true legend on and off the pitch for what he has done for us as a club over the years, a true blue through and through from he's school days until his retirement.

Not to mention mentoring the kids as well as well as his charity work etc. We really couldn't have had a better ambassador for the club. Although the retirement has been announced, hopefully this is just the beginning of a new chapter in his journey with Southend United. I trust the club (and all us fans) do the decent thing and give him a fantastic send off on the final game of the season at home to Bury!

Remind me again... "who has" or "where is" that big AB flag we had made for him?.. I do hope it makes an appearance at some point at Roots Hall between now and the end of the season.

A true Southend legend. Thanks for the memories, Adam :(

I'll never forget the look of delight on his face when he smashed home that penalty at Wembley

Last edited:
A top man:loyalsupporter:

Testimonial time

Banner out on Saturday please - carry it over the heads of folk in the West before KO would be my suggestion rather than let it shyly flop over a few seats in the corner

Back