• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

macima

Youth Team
I'm not sure if he's up to league one standard anymore, can't think of a better way for him to sign-off on than today, keeping his reputation intact.

Torn on this one. No better way to sign off in style than today but he has been immense since his return and the results we have achieved in that time have been in no small part down to experience and the massive infuence he has been to the defence as a whole. I would like that to continue next season (and I also love the bloke with all my heart and soul) but if L1 is a step too far at his age, I would hate to see him struggle and finish his career on a low note for as an undoubted Southend all time great, he certainly deserves better than for it to end like that.

I am sure that Adam and PB will weigh up all options in due course.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be up to Bazza. Should be up to me. And I say he plays next season as Mr Motivator. Geez what a legend and what an exemplary example of a warrior in battle. He'd of seen the f***ing Romans off!

Bazza is a god,true legend and that pen he struck would have broke the keeper's hand if he had touch it.

Easy one more season.

Adam needs to stay for another season. The change in the squad since he came home has been incredible, which can only be down to his enthusiasm, love for the club, and his obvious ability as a leader on and off the the field. He may be older, but his reading of the game and his positioning make him a superb central defender, which will be invaluable against league 1 opposition. I think the higher league is actually more suited to his ability.

Whilst all our other CBs have undoubted ability, Adam is in a different class, and given the opportunity he will pass some of that on to Bolger, Thompson and Prosser , so we can also build a legacy.

I hope he stays, all that experience, skill and commitment will serve us well at the higher level next year. If he ended up more of a squad player, appearing less, he would still have a major impact on the rest of the club

Easy question....Adam must stay on!!!! He's changed us so much since being back in the 1st team, I'd even go as far as giving him captaincy

Can't believe I'm saying this but White should stay captain. His conduct yesterday was top drawer. Placing the captaincy on Bazza's shoulders would be too much extra pressure.

I always thought that though a good player he looked clumsy. However since his return he has been a rock at the back and as much as I like Prosser Adam must give it another year. He won nearly every header not just yesterday but also both semi's against Stevenage.H e has been my mom both yesterday and the second game v Stevenage.
So come on Adam I more year.
UTB

I'm sure we had the same conversation on here in 2005 about Spinner and then again in 2006 when we went up again. And ultimately Prior did struggle a bit in his last year but it didn't take anything away from what he achieved in both of his spells at Southend and I think the same has to be the case with Barrett.

He's never had a huge amount of pace so he has no pace to lose but he still reads the game as well as anyone. I'd like to see Barrett stay and compete for that left CB spot with Luke Prosser and whoever is the better player gets the shirt.

Adam Barrett must stay next season .Because Bolger will need him to guide him through the harder times he will face in league one .When you think many fans were ready to slaughter him for his rank poor defending .But since he has teamed up with Adam he is now a very good defender . And that's why Barrett should stay .:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back