• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RobB11

Manager
Is this guy the forgotten one!? Just can't see him getting much of a sniff at all this season. I mean, Easton gets injured and we have Bouzid, but instead, we go out and get Timlin in on loan. I'm not berating Timlin at all as i think he's fitted in and done a reasonable job. Is it that Sturrock doesn't think he's ready yet? Okay, i don't expect to see him starting in the League anytime soon as the central midfielders are pretty much irreplaceable at the mo and i know he started against Gills in the JPT but only played 45 mins. Maybe he's one who will be shipped out on loan, i don't know, one things for sure i don't see him at all as a 'one for the future' type signing and to be honest don't really see him playing many games for us. Probably be released at the end of the season, if not let go in January. Am interested to see what he can do to be honest as has played at mediocre levels in the German and French leagues. Want to know more about this guy, who's seen him play for the reserves / against Gills? Only managed to get to the Derby friendly pre-season, and he didn't play...

UTB

Last edited:
Isn't the rumour that he is only here as he knows mohsni and acts as a guide/translator for him to help him settle?...

i would like to be able to even form an opinion on him, saw him for 45 mins against gills but he was out of posistion on the right wing so not really fair to judge him on that. there must be a reason why he's not playing. i'm guessing sturrock really doesnt rate him. but why bring him in if he had no intention of giving him a go.

He looked ok in the friendly v West Ham - certainly didnt look out of place. Perhaps not physically up to league 2 yet.

I think the problem is he isn't a very good footballer

Which would be odd, because he certainly looked fairly assured against West Ham, and the only time I recall him playing was against Gillingham, where he earned half decent reviews.

I find it hard to judge a footballer, particularly a foreign import who's barely had time to settle in, on one meaningful appearance.

Quand les mouettes suivent le chalutier, il est parce qu'ils croient que les sardines seront lancées dans la mer.

Bouzid, technically, is a decent footballer. The reason why he hasn't been used is because he's not typically suited to League Two football and therefore will need time to adjust. Mohsni is a slightly different risk, as he's aggressive and not afraid to dish out the rough and tumble (unfortunately on Tuesday night), where as Bouzid is more a cultured player who on the ball is very useful, although he's not that quite yet in a fight. After Xmas we'll see more of him I'm sure.

Dans Southend, il y a n'est pas crevettes?

Usually, I'm not that fussed, however..................................they may write French like that in Yorkshire...........but not in Saint Gaudens!
A Southend, Il n'y a pas de crevettes.............................please!
Personally, I'd prefer that he plays football half as well as Cantona did.............as far as the poetry goes, I don't give a bugger.

Last edited:
Back