• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Those words came from the player's agent (why does a player in the sixth tier need an Agent?!). I wouldn't read much into it.

Those words came from the player's agent (why does a player in the sixth tier need an Agent?!). I wouldn't read much into it.

"Agent" should probably read as "Player's mate/Sponger looking for a quick pay off"

I would say a player at that level needs an agent more than a player in the Premiership. They earn a whole lot less, and need to maximise their income. They therefore need someone to negotiate on their behalf to do so.

If they want to maximise their income they'd be better off not giving 10% of it to someone else. This whole story smacks to me of his Agent trying to justify the money he's taking.

If they want to maximise their income they'd be better off not giving 10% of it to someone else. This whole story smacks to me of his Agent trying to justify the money he's taking.

yep, and another way to maximise their income is to work hard playing football... and not having an agent whisper in your ear every week trying to get you yet another disruptive move so he can get an extra bit of cash.

We could ask him, his contact details are at the end of this article fron This is Lichfield....

Gino wants athlete with a story to tell
ATHLETE CALL: Lichfield agent Gino Culbertson is on the hunt for a local athlete to work on a brand new TV documentary for the 2012 London Olympics, writes Matt Salter. Culbertson wants an athlete working towards the Olympics who has endured hardship along the way. He said: "I know there will be a lot of local talent and as long as they fit the bill they will get paid for the documentary, their profile will be raised and they may get sponsored." The athlete will be followed to the Olympics with a follow-up documentary. For details call Gino on 07884 110444 or email gino@gculbertson.fsnet.co.uk

yep, and another way to maximise their income is to work hard playing football... and not having an agent whisper in your ear every week trying to get you yet another disruptive move so he can get an extra bit of cash.

But the two go hand in hand. If the player doesn't work hard and prove his worth no-one else is going to want him either. It's therefore in the player's interests to do his best.

this is the player sturrock told us on bbc essex that they wanted to sign but as soon at it got to the finance it went out the window

If this is who I think it is he went to my uni up until last year, was always the best player in the first team but cant really see him being much better than what we've already got, happy to be prooved wrong though.

Back