• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers, one of our players Adam Dugdale has sadly lost his young son, he of course has not travelled with our squad we are trying to set up at round of applause at the 6th minute of the match on Sunday, at a time like this it should make no difference what team we support could I ask you to join in.

Please.

I was so sad to hear this yesterday. I'm sure all our supporters who are aware of this tragedy and the tribute will join with you and show our support. As someone said earlier, it really puts everything into perspective. Our thoughts are with Adam and his family.

Say we or Crewe score after 5 minutes and 55 seconds. What do we do then at 6 minutes? Alternative time slot?

Wow what a thing to happen, talk about going from one extreme to the other. Will be joining in with the applause and have already told some of my mates going.

Thoughts are with him and his family.

It will happen! Really sad news to hear ahead of the final, does anybody know his name?

Thoughts go out to his family.

Say we or Crewe score after 5 minutes and 55 seconds. What do we do then at 6 minutes? Alternative time slot?

Well if that happens then so be it I would expect either side to celebrate the goal, I am sure that Duggie will understand at the end of day you guys have been so gracious and you have got the respect of most of Crewe fans ( we all have idiots don't we) no matter the result tomorrow I wish all the best for your club and that you make the play offs and promotion.

Called Jude and looks like the baby was born on the 25th of March.

Eastgreen total respect to you, yes he was born on the 25th March you helped get this moving hopefully tomorrow on the 6th minute we will all be together as one, I know I have said a few times but THANK YOU SHRIMPERS. Hopefully you will get promotion and we can see you at Gresty road next year.

I can assure you that every Blues fan who is aware of this scenario will join in with your applause. There is a rule of ethics amongst football fans, which any outsider would find hard to understand. We can give each other friendly abuse pre game etc, but for genuine reasons everyone becomes united.

It would be great if the players knock the ball into touch as the applause starts and they too could join in. Would that be possible?

I can assure you that every Blues fan who is aware of this scenario will join in with your applause. There is a rule of ethics amongst football fans, which any outsider would find hard to understand. We can give each other friendly abuse pre game etc, but for genuine reasons everyone becomes united.

I doubt if some fans in higher leagues would understand. When Crewe have been to Wembley I have always found opposing fans great and friendly. I think it is because we are so pleased to see our teams there we enjoy the experience.
There is as you say an unwritten rule about this.
I am so full of respect for SU after this, also liked Paul Sturrock a gent

Thank you

So sorry to hear the terriable news, my heart go to him and his family.Will join in with the crewe fans.

So sad to hear this news RIP little Jude.. We will certainly join in and i will let the whole coach know about this.

Thank you Shrimpers for your support today, we could see from our end the huge amount of your supporters clapping during the 6th min, just watched it back and it really was fantastic. Thank you and good luck for the play offs hope you can make it back to Wembey.

Back