• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Adam Thompson did have his best season just before he left but is just not good enough in the air. Brave and committed but can be bullied by big number 9, who seem to be coming back in fashion in the lower leagues. Plus as we have witnessed with Turner, its so important it is to have a threat in the oppo's box with our set pieces. If we could improve the delivery he could certainly add more to his tally.

For some reason dangerous CB's always seem to get a vital goals if they do score. Apart from being our best player under CP, Turner has scored early against Charlton, Wigan and Gills. Scored the winner in the all important CP debut v Scunny and has helped us win a couple of pens at 0-0....Which of course we missed.

Will be playing in League 2 next season unless he can persuade someone to sign him after Bury’s relegation.

Scored Burys second goal in a 5-2 win against Oxford in the check a trade tonight.

So would I. A 6ft 4ins mobile centre back, and just turned 26. But like I said, he didn't like it here. Probably why we didn't get the best out of him, but you could see he was a good defender and will probably end up in the Championship.

Don't think so.And I currently have a tenner bet with a good mate (also on SZ) that our first choice left back,Ben Coker, won't play higher than L1.

Agree wih you that Bolger was a good player at L1 level (when the red mist didn't fall) though.

Good signing, would have him here over Shaughnessy and White.

Good signing, would have him here over Shaughnessy and White.

Yeah, we know you would. You'd take anyone over John White! Just as well successive managers disagree! :Facepalm:

Nice lad Tommo, learnt a lot from being alongside more seasoned pros with us. Good luck to him.

Yeah, we know you would. You'd take anyone over John White! Just as well successive managers disagree! :Facepalm:

Nice lad Tommo, learnt a lot from being alongside more seasoned pros with us. Good luck to him.

I said Shaughnessy as well, but yes I don’t rate John White. But regardless of my feelings towards him Adam Thompson IMO is a better defender.

Just signed for Rotherham, looks like he has escaped Bury just as the axe is falling!

ADAM Thompson will be back at Roots Hall with Rotherham United this weekend - but if things had worked out differently he could well have been lining up for the Shrimpers.

More...

I dare say Ron blocked the move because he certainly wasn't impressed with the way you left.

Back