• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

His comments really don't make any sense considering the fact he is still a Bury player. Some steel they showed last season....

Lets face it we would be much further up the league if Adam Thompson was still with us. Our defence last night was a total shambles ( apart from Demetriou ) He didn't get in the International set up without being a quality player and I for one was sad to see him go ( especially for nothing !!! )

Some players love being at Southend and others don't . Having seen training last week there are some very very strong characters at the club and they are not everyones cup of tea. I remember hearing that Thommo was always the 1st away from the ground after training and the games , often without even showering , so it could be that he just didn't like some of his team mates .... He was often the butt of the banter in his dress sense --- some love the banter , maybe Thommo didn't enjoy it so much...... I'm guessing he liked the banter at Bury even less !!!!!!

Lets face it we would be much further up the league if Adam Thompson was still with us. Our defence last night was a total shambles ( apart from Demetriou ) He didn't get in the International set up without being a quality player and I for one was sad to see him go ( especially for nothing !!! )

Some players love being at Southend and others don't . Having seen training last week there are some very very strong characters at the club and they are not everyones cup of tea. I remember hearing that Thommo was always the 1st away from the ground after training and the games , often without even showering , so it could be that he just didn't like some of his team mates .... He was often the butt of the banter in his dress sense --- some love the banter , maybe Thommo didn't enjoy it so much...... I'm guessing he liked the banter at Bury even less !!!!!!

I'm sure the banter at Bradford is excellent.. considering he gets to spend every game sitting on the bench!

It's still early in the season but so far Tommo hasn't had many chances with Bury or Bradford so far. I wonder if he is thinking the grass isn't always greener yet? I'm sure he will get his chance eventually but I would love to know what he is thinking. He may not care that much if he is getting paid a lot more.

Money isnt everything. No point at his age getting well paid for one contract if he doesnt play because he wouldnt then get a new contract on the same amount.

Key for him is to be playing.

I hope Northern Ireland left him out of their squad, as he can't get into a League 1 side that got beat 3-0 by Fleetwood!

I hope Northern Ireland left him out of their squad, as he can't get into a League 1 side that got beat 3-0 by Fleetwood!

That was their first home league loss in almost 19 months, the 3-0 loss is a bit of a freak result for them, the manager would have been very stupid to make reaction changes off the back of one result.

Even Bury manager say it’s was a big mistake to sign him in first place, maybe Thompson don’t get along with the Bury’s squad very well!? Just saying :whistling:

Lovely way to treat us fans and his ex team mates. Classless ******.

I think you will find the 'like' was related to the fact his international teammate (Magennis) scored, not the Southend defeat. In fact, Tommo appears to be 'liking' tweets about Southend good news reports; recent debutants, etc. Pretty sure he is Essex born and still loves our Club and players (although not necessarily the manager!)

Back