• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

25 + players you are having a laugh we are not Chelsea!!

We certainly can forget about a new stadium as we would be playing on Priory Park in the essex Senior league if we had to pay the wages of all those players.

I didn't say we was chelsea did i and thats what you call an investor for the club to help it to bring the club to a level it needs to be at.

I didn't say we was chelsea did i and thats what you call an investor for the club to help it to bring the club to a level it needs to be at.

So Ron Martin hasnt invested in the club and helped bring it to a higher level ?

Thought we were in League Two recently with crowds of 4,000 and just had a season in the Championship with crowds of 10,000 and a 22,000 capacity stadium agreed.

What do you think would have been reasonable for him to achieve by now ?

All i can say is ron martin puts money where his mouth is forget the new staduim! We need a stronger team and atleast 25 + players in that squad who will mount a decent challenge. The table doesn't lie at all we at the end of the day wasn't good enough to stay up! I'd trade in that win over man united to be in the Championship next season. Well expect Eastwood to go the goal against man united was his 1 way ticket to a premiership club. All i can say is we better bring in some talent or we won't be moving up in to the championship again. its not an excuse wage bills are to high just clubman to scared to put the money on the table.

Hope we go straight up next season.

I think Ron has got his priorities right, pretty much. We woulnd't survive in the Championship for long withou the new stadium. I remember all too clearly what happened last time we tried to buy success, and it was nearly the ruination of the club. We were within an hour or so of being wound up at one point. Never again.

Cheers for the Negative Rep, CTB :fart: - That really hurt :minger: :p

Staying up. thats it but now its getting back into the championship will we will do.

No what im sayin is when we get are new staduim we need to fill it!

The capacity of the stadium and how many people we get in it is irrelevant.

Obviously the biggers crowds we get then the more money but the serious finance to help SUFC onto the next level is everything that goes with the new ground.

Hotel, Conference Facilities, Shops, Resturants are going to bring a much larger income into the Football Club 365 days a year than a match every fortnight will.

Back