• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Administration and a shining knight!!

shrimperton

Manager
Ok, this is not a i hate Ron post or anything like that.

I am keeping supporters like my self, updated with what i have heard from the same guy who is very connected with SUFC who told me the tranfers embargo 4 weeks before the club announced it.

Believe what you choose but please read the following.....

Lets just say we will be losing 10 points next week, reasons icannot disclose on shrimperzone boards

Our shining knight could be Duffen the former Hull City chairman who lives in Essex, Sullivan was mentioned to me as well briefly but thats a admitted long shot, with Duffen the one who is now hovering in the background....

Last edited:

Lets just say we will be losing 10 points next week, reasons icannot disclose on shrimperzone boards

I guess that will be because we won't have paid HMRC their money, no big secret there ;)

Ok, this is not a i hate Ron post or anything like that.

I am keeping supporters like my self, updated with what i have heard from the same guy who is very connected with SUFC who told me the tranfers embargo 4 weeks before the club announced it.

Our shining knight could be Duffen the former Hull City chairman who lives in Essex, Sullivan was mentioned to me as well briefly but thats a admitted long shot, with Duffen the one who is now hovering in the background....

Well I had a conversation with a family friend this week and he mentioned to me about knowing some local Essex businessmen who moved north and took over at Hull City a few years back. The name he mentioned as knowing personally was Russell Bartlett who was a prominent figure in the Hull takeover apparently. He said if they ever left Hull and moved back to Essex he wouldn't be surprised if they went for Southend. If Paul Duffen is also from Essex then he is probably one of the other investors alongside Bartlett.

ADD: (see link) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Bartlett

Funnily enough I thought of Duffen immediately I heard he had resigned from Hull.

I think he is in a consortium with Russell Bartlett who is a Brentwood based property developer. Ring any bells there.....?

I think Ron has been holding out, trying to go it alone for maximum profits. If he has any sense he would take on a rich partner to complete his plans for a lower % share of the profits.

Funnily enough I thought of Duffen immediately I heard he had resigned from Hull.

I think he is in a consortium with Russell Bartlett who is a Brentwood based property developer. Ring any bells there.....?

Certainly does, I live in Brentwood myself! The family friend I was talking to said Bartlett is a bit smarmy but absolutely rolling in cash. He said he owned a company that went bust in (I think) the late 80's or early 90's but since then has been incredibly successful. If he and Duffen (who I believe is originally from Surrey) are looking to buy another club - and can't takeover West Ham who I believe Bartlett supports - I guess there is a chance that they would consider Southend as it's very local (and if the debts were cleared then should be in pretty sound shape with the planning permission for the new stadium development already granted).

IF (big if and still unlikely I'd say) anything happens though then it certainly won't be in time to save us from that 10-point deduction.....

My guess is they're more interested in the property side than the football - nice local investment opportunity that they may be able to buy into relatively cheaply due to market conditions and Ron's need for an immediate cash injection.

I think Ron has been holding out, trying to go it alone for maximum profits. If he has any sense he would take on a rich partner to complete his plans for a lower % share of the profits.

Like Mr Stobart then as I alluded to in a post on Tuesday...

"My guess is they're more interested in the property side than the football - nice local investment opportunity that they may be able to buy into relatively cheaply due to market conditions and Ron's need for an immediate cash injection."

That is a shame as there is no property. I am sure that people can recall that the club owns nothing. Ron has all the property. We have been at RH rent free for a couple of years or so. What does everyone think can be bought? Anyone (other than Ron) buying the club will be liable for rent on ground and training pitch, funding the youth team (possible first to go) as well as players wages. The only income will be from paying spectators and incidentals. Our season ticket money has gone.

Can I ask what the difference is between a family friend and an ordinary or non family friend please.

OK I say family friend as he's been my Mum's friend for years, I know him through her. Although he comes round once a week and has done for years now so I'd certainly class him as a friend of mine too so an incorrect turn of phrase. He's a West Ham fan incidentally......

Just like to say though I'm just speculating, the fact that Duffen and Bartlett are both based in the area may suggest they might be interested especially now Duffen has left Hull.

OK I say family friend as he's been my Mum's friend for years, I know him through her. Although he comes round once a week and has done for years now so I'd certainly class him as a friend of mine too so an incorrect turn of phrase. He's a West Ham fan incidentally......

Just like to say though I'm just speculating, the fact that Duffen and Bartlett are both based in the area may suggest they might be interested especially now Duffen has left Hull.

Does your father know this :stunned: ;)

Let's see what Ron has to say in his promised statement before the weekend...

Something along the lines of;

Thanks its been fun but i leave you now in the ****, i have Eastwood, Bailey, JCR, Hammells, Hoopers transfer fees in my bag along with the gate receipts from Man Utd and 2 chelsea games and 2 Spurs games and also the money from the 10+ different replica shirts you bought i released, oh by the way the tax bill aint been paid for 3 years and the admin blokes have just arrived, gotta clear my desk, musnt forget those Roots Halls deeds too there worth a few million to me as well from sainsburys.

Thanks for beleiving in me but i am an estate agent.

Byeeeeeeeeee

Hope this aint his statement!!!

Let's see what Ron has to say in his promised statement before the weekend...

i know exactly what this statement will say. he will chuck figures at everyone and say i did this i paid that much like a child like response in a play ground argument. he won't say what we want and say ' i messed up ' i take full blame he will just list te excuses. get him out i say.

Back