• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Adults in Football Shirts

Do you think it’s wrong for adults to wear football shirts?

• Total voters
I feel its the modern day equivalent of the football scarf... I usually wear one on match days, never to away games though.

I wear my Southend or England shirt even when i go to the shops here .

Twitter is Twitter... It has its own atmosphere... Many football jerseys look very stylish and I've seen more than one photo shoot with them

Many stars, for example, were happy to pose in their pink Juventus uniforms. What do they know on their Twitter

We didn't watch FA Cup but knew result when we saw several years of age something blokes come long, sad faced from pubs in Bridport about 5pm, wearing a variety of Manure shirts. Dorset is 300 miles from Manchester, Bournemouth is Dorset premshite team, Exeter, Yeovil, Southampton not far and Bridport Town right there so WHY?
In answer to the thread, NO, it looked and was WRONG.

We didn't watch FA Cup but knew result when we saw several years of age something blokes come long, sad faced from pubs in Bridport about 5pm, wearing a variety of Manure shirts. Dorset is 300 miles from Manchester, Bournemouth is Dorset premshite team, Exeter, Yeovil, Southampton not far and Bridport Town right there so WHY?
In answer to the thread, NO, it looked and was WRONG.
The Surrey Manc. meme is well known not so much the Dorset one. Talking of which,I was gobsmacked a few years back in SoS when a taxi driver I got talking to after one of our games pulled out his MU season ticket.

And in answer to the thread question I don't wear a football shirt to games either.

Last edited:
The Surrey Manc. meme is well known not so much the Dorset one. Talking of which,I was gobsmacked a few years back in SoS when a taxi driver I got talking to after one of our games pulled out his MU season ticket.

And in answer to the thread question I don't wear a football shirt to games either.
Wearing a team shirt to a game is very different from wearing a team shirt of a team situated hundreds of miles away to watch in a pub.

However if SUFC ever made FA Cup final and I was on holiday then I might wear colours to watch game in a bar BUT as that is " rocking horse poo" likely outcome then it happening is also akin to us signing Harland next season.

If, No, WHEN, we get to a FA Cup final in 15 years time I fully expect, demand you wear a club shirt in your mobility scooter on a bar crawl around Barca.

Wearing a team shirt to a game is very different from wearing a team shirt of a team situated hundreds of miles away to watch in a pub.

However if SUFC ever made FA Cup final and I was on holiday then I might wear colours to watch game in a bar BUT as that is " rocking horse poo" likely outcome then it happening is also akin to us signing Harland next season.

If, No, WHEN, we get to a FA Cup final in 15 years time I fully expect, demand you wear a club shirt in your mobility scooter on a bar crawl around Barca.
Think the last time I wore a club shirt was for our cup game against MU in a Barna sportsbar .Needless to say I was the only SUFC fan there there in bar heaving with red shirted (and red faced )exiled Mancs. :Winking:

It also amazes me when they find out the true best team in Europe is just east of London in the mighty county of Essex.

Especially love a conversation with a Spanish taxi driver. After explaining who we are and what level we’re at (recently I’ve just been saying, you know Wrexham? We’re the same league) I always encourage them to develop a distaste for a team called Col U, and if they should ever cross paths with fans of theirs, they should enquire whether any women in that group are wives, sisters or both.

Especially love a conversation with a Spanish taxi driver. After explaining who we are and what level we’re at (recently I’ve just been saying, you know Wrexham? We’re the same league) I always encourage them to develop a distaste for a team called Col U, and if they should ever cross paths with fans of theirs, they should enquire whether any women in that group are wives, sisters or both.
Indeed,the Col U family🎼🎼🎼

• Haha
Reactions: GBJ
I know it's not a football kit but a middle aged man on the tube had a Purple Lakers kit on the other day. I mean vest, shorts, cap pointed slightly to the side and a pair of Purple Nike high tops. He looked a right sad act

I reached an age where I decided it was last time for me to stop wearing football shirts.

When I come back I still raid the club shop for polos, t-shirts or a training top (which I wear as a coat in our ‘winter’ evenings here in Queensland).

In fact living in a sub tropical climate is a big part of it too, football shirts aren’t great in hot and humid environments and you soon feel like you’re sweating up a storm in a sauna.

HOWEVER that’s my choice and I certainly wouldn’t judge anyone else for wearing one at whatever age. Good luck to you if that’s what you want to do.

I’ll happily wear a shirt at a match or on a match day and whilst on holiday. I don’t see any issue with it. Not quite sure why some people are bothered if I’m honest.

Back