• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Apologies for starting a new thread, but I didn't want this to get buried.

Given the signing of Lee and Sokolik, I thought I might head up to the game tomorrow. Someone has just drawn my attention to this on the OS:

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/161014-mansfield-town-tickets-2018105.aspx

It looks like there is no pay on the day. Just thought it might be worth giving everyone a heads up on this as I'm sure I'm not the only one considering changing their plans for the weekend!

Does the club not feel that the day before the match is a tad late to be announcing this ridiculous policy of Mansfield's ?

I'm sure I read previously that it was cheaper if bought in advance in a earlier ticket news item.

Does the club not feel that the day before the match is a tad late to be announcing this ridiculous policy of Mansfield's ?

I'm sure I read previously that it was cheaper if bought in advance in a earlier ticket news item.

Typical Southend.:thumbdown:

First mention of tickets not being available on the gate and it's the day before the game. Shambles.

Looking at the Mansfield website, they have no cash turnstiles. Guess you can still purchase over t'web and pick them up on the day.

I'm sure we will be able to purchase tickets from their ticket office before 2.30. That is what I am going to do. I am sure they won't be turning us away with hard cash ready. These teams need every penny available.

The ticket office is the other end of the ground to the away end. Their policy seems weird, but they don't have cash turnstiles and it's to stop loads of away fans heading to the ticket office and being with all the home fans.

Sensible or not, that's the way it is. However, last year people could head to the ticket office and buy an away ticket.

I'm sure people heading up tomorrow will be fine, but if you're worried give either club a ring in the morning to find out the situation before you set off.

The ticket office is the other end of the ground to the away end. Their policy seems weird, but they don't have cash turnstiles and it's to stop loads of away fans heading to the ticket office and being with all the home fans.

Sensible or not, that's the way it is. However, last year people could head to the ticket office and buy an away ticket.

I'm sure people heading up tomorrow will be fine, but if you're worried give either club a ring in the morning to find out the situation before you set off.

I am worried - and I am not going to take the risk now. For that reason, I'm out .... (actually, I'm in - staying in at home :'().

Out of interest, did anyone purchase a ticket from Mansfield on the day?

Yep, I telephoned the club whilst we were on route and they stated they were aware that SUFC had only informed their supporters the day before regarding the game being ticket only and as such any supporter turning up on the day would be sold a ticket.
So it would seem that it was down to the communication of SUFC
And yes we did get into the ground

I think you will find that fifty one was blaming Southend for only letting us know the ticketing policy of another club on the afternoon before the game, leaving some of us ticketless.

You are correct, this was my intention.:smile:

Back