• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Advertiser owed monies

Pak Power

Manager⭐
Just spoken to a friend of mine, who has a company that advertises on boarding around the ground. His is an established company in the Southend Area.
He tells me that the club owe him over £2000 and that despite relegation they wanted to increase the cost of the boarding by £400 for the coming season.
He told me he will not renew his advertising with the club, and may have to take them to court to get his money back.
I told him to get in the queue, and not to hold his breath.
I'm not sure how they would come to owe him money, as I thought that you probably only pay in advance for advertising, but maybe he was on a 3 year deal or something.

Just spoken to a friend of mine, who has a company that advertises on boarding around the ground. His is an established company in the Southend Area.
He tells me that the club owe him over £2000 and that despite relegation they wanted to increase the cost of the boarding by £400 for the coming season.
He told me he will not renew his advertising with the club, and may have to take them to court to get his money back.
I told him to get in the queue, and not to hold his breath.
I'm not sure how they would come to owe him money, as I thought that you probably only pay in advance for advertising, but maybe he was on a 3 year deal or something.

Hmmm ..... Southend United owe money to local business ?

This is definately in the "dog bites man" category of news stories, rather than vice versa.

What's the debt for, out of interest ?

As the advertising has now been franchised out any payments for this season would not be going to SUFC but to the company who has paid a flat fee for all of the space. So holding back on buying advertising space will not have any leverage on monies due.
Did your mate also supply any services etc to the club ?

As the advertising has now been franchised out any payments for this season would not be going to SUFC but to the company who has paid a flat fee for all of the space. So holding back on buying advertising space will not have any leverage on monies due.
Did your mate also supply any services etc to the club ?

As far as I am aware he hasn't supplied any services, this is just monies owed for advertising on a board
surrounding the ground.
Seems strange that they owe him, rather than the other way round

This is definately in the "dog bites man" category of news stories, rather than vice versa.

What's the debt for, out of interest ?[/QUOTE]

From what I can gather, It seems he must have paid for advertising on boarding around the ground. (South Stand) and is now in dispute with the club saying that they owe him £2000. I would have thought that he must have paid in advance, and for some reason they have increased his cost to another £400 for next season so he has cancelled.

What's the debt for, out of interest ?[/QUOTE]

From what I can gather, It seems he must have paid for advertising on boarding around the ground. (South Stand) and is now in dispute with the club saying that they owe him £2000. I would have thought that he must have paid in advance, and for some reason they have increased his cost to another £400 for next season so he has cancelled.

If aS Firestorm said the perimeter advertising has been franchised out then the franchisees will owe any outstanding monies not the club.

Sorry Pak Power, the club have messed up all over the place, but this one doesn't add up.

It doesnt add up to me either, but that was what he told me today. My assumption is he must have signed up for a two or three year deal, paid some in advance and then, as we were relegated, pulled out and wanted a refund. His window company has not had much business from it anyway. (little clue there, see what I did!)

Its not the club who owe the money it will be new operator , however you mate may well have approached the club before the deal was struck for the advertising rights , not got satisfaction and now feels well p****d off that he has to deal with someone else , and probably start from scratch. (The Increase of 400 quid would have been from the new company I imagine)

Back