• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Advice please

steveo

mine to stay the same please
My son is due to run the London Marathon next month but he banged his knee on a wall playing football. As part of his preparation he was due to run 20 miles yesterday but only made 15.

Appears to be an impact injury which would presumably improve with rest - but he wont be able to complete his training while resting.

Should he continue training and risk the knee breaking down before the event or should he rest and hope he makes it round on the day?

Good luck to him Steveo, advise you PM Essex Bambi who I know is pretty expert in this field

This week should have been his last long run anway, so I would say rest for a week and then try a steady 5 miler next weekend to see how it feels, the last 3 weeks should be about ticking over, the miles are in his legs already so the fitness should not be too much of an isuue , as long as e recovers.

When is the dealine for holding the application over 'til next year ?

Last edited:
My knee (well IT band) buggered up at the same stage last year. I had to rest for 3-4 weeks before the marathon and still got around. One thing which my physio banged on about was stretching and Pool work - go jogging in a pool keeps you fit but has much less impact on the knee.

However, the first thing he should do is go and see a physio and see what is best for him.

Be careful.

I was due to run the London Marathon last year but broke my leg two weeks before the event.

When I told my nominated charity (The cats protection league) I couldn't fulfil my commitment to them they sent someone round to break the other one.

Disclaimer - none of this is true.

Thanks for the advice people. He's going to rest this week and see the doc and hopefully be able to jog at the weekend.

Back