• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Hiya, just had a letter from essex police (well my mum did cos its her car) and ive been done for running a red light... 1.1 seconds after it changed which isn't very much if you think about it.. but rules are rules. anyway is threatens legal action if i dont own up (which is tempting because of the whole "they can't prove the driver thing" as the camera (at the elms junction) is behind the car). but it doesnt say what kinda punishment i'll get if i own up, will it be 3 points and 60quid or something

grrrr this is well annoying and i really cant afford it!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Dec. 12 2006,13:16)]Hiya, just had a letter from essex police (well my mum did cos its her car) and ive been done for running a red light... 1.1 seconds after it changed which isn't very much if you think about it.. but rules are rules.  anyway is threatens legal action if i dont own up (which is tempting because of the whole "they can't prove the driver thing" as the camera (at the elms junction) is behind the car).  but it doesnt say what kinda punishment i'll get if i own up, will it be 3 points and 60quid or something

grrrr this is well annoying and i really cant afford it!  
mad.gif
Has your mum got any previous?

If so, I can see a way out.....

Think it's normally 3 points and a fine. If you take the 'I don't know who was driving' route, be careful as the Police are cracking down on that sort of excuse now and I believe they look into it further and I'd guess that means a harsher penalty when proved.

If not just send it back and say your Mum was driving.:O

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Dec. 12 2006,13:19)]If not just send it back and say your Mum was driving.:O
If you take that route, its probably worth remembering its coming up to Christmas and grassing your mum up for something she didn't do isn't likely to please Santa......

I got caught speeding in Rayleigh after the Blackpool vs Southend Webby return game.

I got a £60 fine and 3 points. Pretty painless really mate.

wink.gif

Pay the fine but donate the points to the club, we sure need them.

I was caught doing 45 in the 30 mph region of Hall Road.

I had lost my driving licence but when I went to the station the next day to explain this fact with my 7 day wonder the policewoman at the counter said 'don't worry we can chack on the computer'.

What she didn't tell me was that instead of a fixed penalty I now had to face the magistrates.

I ended up with (I think) a £300 fine and four penalty points.

Why was I be treated so shabbily?

lol no my mum doesnt have any previous but she has just read the letter and will make sure i take the rap! yeah i dont really wanna try the "we dont know who was driving" route because if they do prove it then its £1000.. bummed that i will have to cough up £60 and 3 points though cos i wasnt driving dangerously, it was just one of those "probably should have stopped at those lights" situation but oh well

They have recently started prosecuting people who say someone else was driving (example: it was my mate in South Africa who was on Holiday) with perverting the course of justice and are dishing out large fines (Another bloke , who would have lost his licence under totting up was jailed for a seirously convoluted attempt) so its probably not worth it.

BTW 1.1 seconds would be how long the light was red, as Amber would have been showing for 3 seconds or so it would have been over 4 seconds since the green light was showing, plenty of time to stop, especially as you are meant to stop on Amber (unless it is unsafe to do so)

yeah red 1.1 and amber for 3 seconds.. could have stopped but didn't cos was in a rush but am just wondering what kind of punishment i should expect

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Dec. 12 2006,14:00)]yeah red 1.1 and amber for 3 seconds.. could have stopped but didn't cos was in a rush but am just wondering what kind of punishment i should expect
You could argue that this photo was taken 58.9 seconds before the next red light.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Dec. 12 2006,14:00)]yeah red 1.1 and amber for 3 seconds.. could have stopped but didn't cos was in a rush but am just wondering what kind of punishment i should expect
As long as you send it back in time its 60 quid and 3 points

Delay and it goes up, if it is delayed enough to go to court they will probably up it to 200 + and possibly 4 points

a while back i got a speeding camara ticket, didn't send my stuff on on time as my Licence was with my passport renewal
Fixed 40 quid fine was upped to 150 !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Dec. 12 2006,15:28)]My advice? Don't run red lights. Hope this helps.
indeed, i've learnt my lesson the hard way!

I did the exact same thing although i didn't stop due to the wet surface, and after breaking briefly realised i would probably crash and die and thus went thru the lights and got flashed. The heart was going 10 to the dozen at the time!

TBH the 3 points and £60 fine is nowt ... its the insurance the year after which is annoyingly ghey. Probably added about £100 on top of my normal quote!

On a different note ... has anyone been flashed by the new camera as you go up towrds Garons?! Me and MrB have a theory that its there for show and doesn't actually work. Would like to be proved otherwise though ...

Kev

Do you mean those screens which face you stating your speed, if you are over the limit. If so, then I'm of the same. They seem to be cropping up everywhere but I think they're just there to scare you

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Dec. 12 2006,16:04)]Do you mean those screens which face you stating your speed, if you are over the limit. If so, then I'm of the same. They seem to be cropping up everywhere but I think they're just there to scare you
Those screens aren't camera's, just 'warnings' I believe.

I accidentily went through a camera at 70mph in a 50mph on the A1 not so long ago, but I soon realised that there was a fecking great Lorry in the inside lane so the camera couldn't see me!

tounge.gif

Back