• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AFC Bournemouth up s**t creek/ imminent closure

Nobby Snide

According to the BBC site, the administrators at AFC Bournemouth are about to close the club for good.

Sad enough to see a club go to he wall, but it raises a couple of points for you all to discuss.

1) Football, no matter how emotive, is a business, and therefore, needs to be run as such. The article makes a point that, if the towns' public are not willing to support the club, then, the town wont have a club. The question is, is there any merit is a limited experiment in a franchise system?
It can be said that MK dons are such and even the top 6 in the Premiership are 'type franchises'.

2) If AFC Bournemouth do go under, what effect will it have on our standing? Given that the points won against them would be negated.

3) What players/staff do they have that would be of benifit to us? Should we begin negotiations with the administrators now, to have thier contrcts terminated with immediate effect, so that we could pick up uncontracted players, there fore, not falling foul of any league rules.

God forbid we ever get close to this situation again..

I think we should try to sign their proven goal scorer Lee Bradbury

Bradders made a bit of a wrong call there then. I thought Harry Redknapp had promised them a hand in a rescue package? Would be sorry to see them go, and they've actually had a bit of a resurgence lately on the field.

I don't think they'll go under as it happens... I seem to remember Harry Redknapp saying that he'll never let Bournemouth go under because of the love he has for the club. Uncle 'Arry probably has £4m under his matress, and if he doesn't... well he'll resign Yakubu :whistling:

Incredibly sad for any team to go out of existence, with Gretna already being allowed to continue to the end of the season, Bournemouth should have a case for being allowed to do so especially so close to the end.

Max Gradl would be a good signing. Vokes will be off to a much bigger team.

If Rovers go up, Vokes will be heading to Donny, SOD has hinted he has advanced deals on two young players, one is thought to be Vokes.

If Rovers go up, Vokes will be heading to Donny, SOD has hinted he has advanced deals on two young players, one is thought to be Vokes.

Which is absolute bollox, Villa came in for him, and Celtic were watching him, Neither he is best pleased at. Doncaster were never on the agenda.

Out of interest, this is what the top 8 would look like should they be disappear today:-

1 Swansea 39 79
2 Carlisle 39 72
3 Doncaster 39 69
4 Nottm Forest 38 65
5 Southend 38 59
6 Tranmere 39 59
7 Leeds 38 55
8 Brighton 38 54

I couldn't be bothered to work out goal difference...Carlisle and Swansea have only played them once. Believe it or not, Forest have lost and drawn with them this season. We, on the other hand (along with Leeds and Brighton) have done the double over them.

Just seen a report on Sky Sports News basically saying they can guarantee playing Saturdays fixture but that may the end.

Vey sad

This is a sad day, that has been unfortunetly been coming, it was a case of which club would go. I am very glad that we are not in this terrible position, it must be terrible for their fans to go through.

Out of interest, this is what the top 8 would look like should they be disappear today:-

1 Swansea 39 79
2 Carlisle 39 72
3 Doncaster 39 69
4 Nottm Forest 38 65
5 Southend 38 59
6 Tranmere 39 59
7 Leeds 38 55
8 Brighton 38 54

I couldn't be bothered to work out goal difference...Carlisle and Swansea have only played them once. Believe it or not, Forest have lost and drawn with them this season. We, on the other hand (along with Leeds and Brighton) have done the double over them.

Leeds would love that, especially if they get their 15 points back!

1 Swansea 39 79
2 Carlisle 39 72
3 Doncaster 39 69
4 Nottm Forest 38 65
5 Southend 38 59
6 Tranmere 39 59
7 Leeds 38 55
8 Brighton 38 54

****!! I dont like that at all!!

Back