• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings AFC Wimbledon 1-4 Southend United

Any idea what sort of reception Ademeno got when he came on for them?
'Southend Reject, Southend reject' which was much nicer than Midson got, one of the gobshites in TrueBlues gang of children was shouting 'Midson the ****ing ****' over and over for a good five or ten minutes and pretty much inspired him to score'. That little crew were so foul mouthed that the police tried to remove one of them and ended in scuffles and the one they were after crawling on the floor to get away and then spent the rest of the match hiding. Very embarassing to witness.

Game was played at a frantic pace till they scored but poor quality for the rest of that half. Good in the 2nd half, we didn't have much shape but had the energy to keep up the pressure to push for the win. Phillips goal was great to see such a determined finish, Hall for me should claim both, and Harris' showed the touch of class that we always look for but don't often see - but came from their mistakes rather than us playing him in. Good confidence building match and 3 points.

Just got back - great result against a poor AFC side who were hampered by being a man short for over half the game.

To pull off a 4-1 away win when short of experienced/influential players like Dickinson, Gilbert and Mohsni shows us a potential promotion winning side.

Saying that the fact that AFC had former blues Jamie Stuart starting and Charles Ademeno on the bench - both of whom are really non-league players - shows what a weak side they are. They caused us a few problems for about 20 minutes in the first half but beyond that we were cruising. I thought Midson looked OK in patches for them and, after the stick our fans gave him, it was perhaps inevitable that he scored.

Good management by Sturrock to take off Hall who had already been booked and was the target of their players and their fans (for a former indiscretion when playing for Bromley against them) and Barker, who didn't look fully fit. Nice to get Coughlan his 500th game too.

A good 3 points today and nice to end 2011 as we began it - with maximum points from an away game.

Enjoyed the game today but a few things I want to say.

Luke Prosser seriously dude you need to keep it on the floor. In the first half every time he got the ball he just lumped it up field more often than not aimlessly. But to give him some credit he won every header he went up for.

The guy behind me in the stand, you made yourself look like a prat. Your relentless abuse (and yes it really was foulmouthed abuse) of the Lino before he even needed to make a decision. Yes he got 1 or 2 calls wrong but you started abusing him before the game had even kicked off.

Ahh and to the 2 teenage AFC Wimbledon fans that verbally abused my missus on the way home. It wasn't really smart doing it then running into your house just yards away. Did you not expect me to come knock on your door? Your dad wasn't best pleased was he? Enjoy the rest of the school holiday stuck in doors muppets.

Other than these things I really enjoyed the game today. The travelling support really got behind the team and even managed to rile up my missus into joining in with the chants (she was a Chelsea fan now a Shrimper) and for that I thank you all.

Don't want to sound too negative, but don't think I've been less inspired watching a 4-1 win away from home. Haven't been too much this season, but the long ball was painful to watch. You could see Grant, Kalala and Timlin showing a bit of quality to try and keep it on the deck for Hall and Harris, but the back 5 just always want to hoof it up.

I felt the same from the fans reaction too, not a lot of noise towards the end despite the thrashing. I think Sturrock is trying to change the ethos of the team which is great by signing players like Benyon plus more to come in, but I can only see one change in the back 4 (that being a new LB) therefore we really need to get the defence more comfortable in playing the ball on the deck.

A great win away from home, and we're in a fantastic position at the half way point, but lets show a bit more quality and football in the second half of the season as we can storm this league as champions if we start to play football.

Just got back from a very good game, sadly we were in the Dons end so had to keep very tight lipped. The morons around us were slagging Hall off the whole game.

Thought Kalala and Clohessey were tops today and even the Dons around us thought our right back was quality.

UTB:smile::smile:

Don't want to sound too negative, but don't think I've been less inspired watching a 4-1 win away from home. Haven't been too much this season, but the long ball was painful to watch. You could see Grant, Kalala and Timlin showing a bit of quality to try and keep it on the deck for Hall and Harris, but the back 5 just always want to hoof it up.

I felt the same from the fans reaction too, not a lot of noise towards the end despite the thrashing. I think Sturrock is trying to change the ethos of the team which is great by signing players like Benyon plus more to come in, but I can only see one change in the back 4 (that being a new LB) therefore we really need to get the defence more comfortable in playing the ball on the deck.

A great win away from home, and we're in a fantastic position at the half way point, but lets show a bit more quality and football in the second half of the season as we can storm this league as champions if we start to play football.

Pretty much agree with this post...for those that could see anything ( the view has to be the worst in the FL) we did again play a lot of hoofball but whenever we played it on the deck we looked a good side...I can't fathom out why we do not do this more often. Still a good win again a rubbish team who completely fell to bits when their man was sent off...Shame we did not finish the Aldersh*t game to have collected 6 out of 6 over Christmas but lets hope we can get another result on Monday against Daggers.

The football may not be the best but we cant argue that it is not effective. Eight wins from elleven away games proves this. Its the best record in the league.

'Southend Reject, Southend reject' which was much nicer than Midson got, one of the gobshites in TrueBlues gang of children was shouting 'Midson the ****ing ****' over and over for a good five or ten minutes and pretty much inspired him to score'. That little crew were so foul mouthed that the police tried to remove one of them and ended in scuffles and the one they were after crawling on the floor to get away and then spent the rest of the match hiding. Very embarassing to witness.
And I would have thought quite unnecessary. I, for one, was quite sorry to see Ademeno go, always felt he could have developed into a good player with a decent run. I also thought Midson was ok for us last season.

Well played today, deserved your victory. Thought the game was pretty even until the sending off. If we could have kept 11 men on the pitch, who knows what might have happened.

The sending off... No complaints from me a definite straight red. Such a shame as it is totally against Jolleys nature. That was the last thing we as a team, low on confidence needed, to end up playing against a team in he automatic promotion places with only 10 men.
As a team, you expired the extra space that the man advantage gave you. Although saying that, there wasan element of luck with 3 of your 4 goals.
Your general work rate was a lot better than ours and the win was deserved.

Next up for us is Swindon away, eek. We shall try our best to beat them for you, god knows we need a win really soon. This is turning out to be a long hard season. It is difficult to put a finger on what has gone do badly wrong.
Today was virtually the same team that spanked Gillingham 3-1 and Cheltenham 4-1.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you can beat Crawley to the title.

Thanks for the kind words Tom .. it seemed you crumbled as soon as we equalised (confidence is HUGELY important at this level and it showed you had very little) and the second half was almost like shooting fish in a barrel

The AFC story is a truly remarkable one and i'm sure most decent football fans wish you every success

No-one yet mentioned Luke Daniels who made a couple of vital saves - one from Wellard when the latter was through proved crucial at 1-0.
A couple of other low saves - one point blank despite being offside makes him a priority to keep. As for the rest, agree with the idea two sides low on confidence saw one of them get lucky after the sending off.
If those absent think they've seen some average Blues defending recently, they should have seen the second-half goals.
Be grateful you don't support AFC right now.

Well played today, deserved your victory. Thought the game was pretty even until the sending off. If we could have kept 11 men on the pitch, who knows what might have happened.

The sending off... No complaints from me a definite straight red. Such a shame as it is totally against Jolleys nature. That was the last thing we as a team, low on confidence needed, to end up playing against a team in he automatic promotion places with only 10 men.
As a team, you expired the extra space that the man advantage gave you. Although saying that, there wasan element of luck with 3 of your 4 goals.
Your general work rate was a lot better than ours and the win was deserved.

Next up for us is Swindon away, eek. We shall try our best to beat them for you, god knows we need a win really soon. This is turning out to be a long hard season. It is difficult to put a finger on what has gone do badly wrong.
Today was virtually the same team that spanked Gillingham 3-1 and Cheltenham 4-1.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you can beat Crawley to the title.
Cheers Tom, as Blueblood says, I think most of us wish AFC well. I'd certainly rather see you succeed over the others in this division. All the best.

Back