• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News AFC Wimbledon midfielder Anthony Wordsworth: Southend United are lacking in character

And he did so again yesterday, even though he was playing for the opposition. A cracking pix on FB from the boy's mum.

I always rated Woody, he could play. It was just that sometimes he chose not to. But, he doesn't play for us anymore, didn't leave on particularly great terms, is free to express whatever opinion he holds and is employed to secure his current employer three points.

When it was the other way round and he legged the full length of the pitch to celebrate his goal versus his former team (Colchester), he was touted as some kind of footballing God by some of you.
Ok for fans to abuse players, some muppets in the West stand booed the Pig every time he touched the ball. Seem to be a lot of hatred from some people, get a life. Thought Woodys comments would fire up our team, I think we should thank him for trying to fire up our team and having a poor game

As @Colchester and proud! says, he has that side to him. He did it to them when he scored for us. I have no idea about the Elvis thing, Elvis was around the 1st team when he was here. I'm not saying I approve of it, and @Ricey, I'm not "bitter and twisted because we let him go."

That wasn’t aimed at you, it was aimed at Wordsworth.

As @Colchester and proud! says, he has that side to him. He did it to them when he scored for us. I have no idea about the Elvis thing, Elvis was around the 1st team when he was here. I'm not saying I approve of it, and @Ricey, I'm not "bitter and twisted because we let him go."
It wasn’t just the Elvis thing. What about him trying to get McLaughlin sent off?

Ironically I had a short twitter exchange with Wordy regarding the Elvis incident as I was right above it in the south upper and it was completely un-called for and really showed his lack of class. He replied saying that they knew Elvis was our best player and that he deliberately set out today to unsettle him and wind him up.

Quite an honest reply and I was surprised they thought Elvis was our best player to be honest but yeah he effectively did it just to wind him up.

Ironically I had a short twitter exchange with Wordy regarding the Elvis incident as I was right above it in the south upper and it was completely un-called for and really showed his lack of class. He replied saying that they knew Elvis was our best player and that he deliberately set out today to unsettle him and wind him up.

Quite an honest reply and I was surprised they thought Elvis was our best player to be honest but yeah he effectively did it just to wind him up.

I'm more surprised how some of our fans still don't rate Elvis, who has been easily our player of the season so far.

I'm more surprised how some of our fans still don't rate Elvis, who has been easily our player of the season so far.

I do rate Elvis, my post doesn't say that I don't. I was surprised that a opposition pick him out as our danger man that's all. He by a country mile puts in the most effort and if we had 10 other Elvis's I would guarantee we would be in better position than we're in now purely down to his drive and effort put in, as well as the fact he seems to be one of the only players who give a damn.

IMO Elvis has improved so drastically since his first few months in player and gets the spot in front Demi without a second thought in my mind. I'll be the first to admit that I thought very different for the first few months and he really has changed my mind. Saying that he still has a huge amount to learn but he IS learning which is great and fair play to him!

Only in football can people who are extremely under qualified to do a job can feel happy telling someone very qualified to do it, that they have a huge amount to learn....imagine that in any other job in the world? ??‍♂️?‍♂️

Elvis hasn’t just changed people’s minds. It hasn’t just been a case of the more people have seen the more they realised he’s quite good....he has improved with every minute he’s played.

That’s no surprise at all...the surprise is people just seem to think a player coming in and struggling will always be struggling or needs to go back to a level they’ve already mastered (in this case U23s football) and somehow miraculously improve....

The skill of the manager (in this case CP) is to recognise that a) a player has learned all he can learn at the lower level and b) that he has the ability and determination to improve quickly at the next level!!!

Elvis has done that. In my eyes there was never any doubt. Will he keep improving, yes I think he will.

I hear he was very close to leaving last January and I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t go this time.

Only in football can people who are extremely under qualified to do a job can feel happy telling someone very qualified to do it, that they have a huge amount to learn....imagine that in any other job in the world? ??‍♂️?‍♂️

Elvis hasn’t just changed people’s minds. It hasn’t just been a case of the more people have seen the more they realised he’s quite good....he has improved with every minute he’s played.

That’s no surprise at all...the surprise is people just seem to think a player coming in and struggling will always be struggling or needs to go back to a level they’ve already mastered (in this case U23s football) and somehow miraculously improve....

The skill of the manager (in this case CP) is to recognise that a) a player has learned all he can learn at the lower level and b) that he has the ability and determination to improve quickly at the next level!!!

Elvis has done that. In my eyes there was never any doubt. Will he keep improving, yes I think he will.

I hear he was very close to leaving last January and I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t go this time.
know what sort of level he would potentially be leaving to? Another third tier club? A second tier one?

Really? I should think any incoming manager will move heaven and earth to try and keep him. Elvis is a star and the only real positive for this season so far.

Really? I should think any incoming manager will move heaven and earth to try and keep him. Elvis is a star and the only real positive for this season so far.

When he sees the money he can earn and the lure of playing in the Championship, I’m not sure any manager could do anything to keep any of our young players

the thing is with Wordsworth is that I don't understand is that he was arrested at a SUFC event by the police and somehow it didn't seem to matter ....

Back