• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AFC Wimbledon to be promoted from the Conference South

Almost a mathematical certainty- one game to go and only AFC Wimbledon losing and Hampton & Richmond winning by a combined goal difference of 13 can stop it happening.

A victory for football methinks. It's a tough ask but hopefully they can repeat the feat next season.

Just need to make sure the Franchise scum stay in this division. Then give it 3 or 4 years and the real Wimbledon will be higher in the pyramid!

Hopefully one day, in many years, AFC Wimbledon will overtake Franchise FC. What an achievment that would be!

Hopefully one day, in many years, AFC Wimbledon will overtake Franchise FC. What an achievment that would be!

Hopefully not that many!! Indeed with the right run of results they could be playing each other in league 2 next year!!

A victory for fans!

That is a great news for football. I hope they are playing League football in the not too distant future.

Imagine the setting a few years from now...

It's Saturday, 4:30, and everyone who's not at the footie has his eyes, ears and any other part of his body he can manage glued to the TV.

Jeff Stelling: And we have some quite astounding news coming through from League 2 and the Conference - the MK Dons are on the verge of being relegated and AFC Wimbledon are on the verge of Conference glory -- wait, there's the final whistle at Milton Keynes: MK DONS ARE RELEGATED! And there's the whistle at AFC, AFC WIMBLEDON ARE IN THE LEAGUE NEXT YEAR as CHAMPIONS of the Conference!

At which point, most everyone who hates McDonalds will collapse on the floor laughing, and those that don't will raise a glass to the complete ****tery that is Milton Keynes Dons.

It's Saturday, 4:30, and everyone who's not at the footie has his eyes, ears and any other part of his body he can manage glued to the TV.

Jeff Stelling: And we have some quite astounding news coming through from League 2 and the Conference - the MK Dons are on the verge of being relegated and AFC Wimbledon are on the verge of Conference glory -- wait, there's the final whistle at Milton Keynes: MK DONS ARE RELEGATED! And there's the whistle at AFC, AFC WIMBLEDON ARE IN THE LEAGUE NEXT YEAR as CHAMPIONS of the Conference!

At which point, most everyone who hates McDonalds will collapse on the floor laughing, and those that don't will raise a glass to the complete ****tery that is Milton Keynes Dons.

I like that idea and would be celebrating if it happens. However I reckon most AFC Wimbledon fans would prefer it if they got to play and beat Franchise FC on the way to overtaking them.

Indeed that would be quality. However, maybe if MK go out of the league their owners will just try to take over someone else and move them to MK to ensure a league team again....SCUM ;)

Last edited:
Milton Keynes appears to have no football History, a bit like the town which was a small village until 1969 (although the borough of Milton Keynes also included the towns of Bletchley, Stony Stratford and Wolverton and had a population of 40,000). since that date there has been little football activity of note

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Keynes

The First club to use the name was Milton Keynes City in 1974 which was actually a re-named Bletchley town but they folded in 1984
In 1979 Milton Keynes Borough joined the Hellenic league, but the folded in 1993
in 1984 Milton Keynes United were formed , Changed thier name to Milton Keynes Town in 1987 and promptly dissapeared
in 1993 Milton Keynes were formed from the remnants of MK Borough in 1999 things turned full circle when they changed their name to Bletchley Town and then fell off the radar !
there is a team currently near the bottom of the South bucks prem called MK Titans but I can't find anything else.

http://www.fchd.btinternet.co.uk/indexm.htm

of all the Towns categorised as "New Towns" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:New_towns_in_the_United_Kingdom
only 2 have league clubs and both of those were existing towns re-categorised in the late 60's The most succesful is Stevenage Borough although Skelmersdale United did gain brief fame winning the FA Amateur cup in 1971 (however as the team was formed in 1981 50 + years before the New Town of Skelmersdale its a tentative claim)

Generally , it would appear, that the New towns built from scratch have not managed to convert their residents into changing their footballing allegiance from their "Birth" team and the only two who have achieved football League status have done so purely by adopting the Franchise system (MK Dons and Livingstone in Scotland)

Even if you count Dagenham as a new Town , their league team is an amalgum of Walthamstow Avenue, Ilford ,Leytonstone and dagenham

The Other "Fans club" FC United are challenging at the top of the Unibond premier too

Even if you count Dagenham as a new Town , their league team is an amalgum of Walthamstow Avenue, Ilford ,Leytonstone and dagenham

Good research there well done. I wonder if there are any original Wimbledon FC fans that now follow MK Dons. If there are I bet its only few, less than 10?

With regards to the current Dagenham & Redbridge if you add up all the clubs they once were you would get:-
Dagenham & Redbridge, Redbridge Forest, Leytonstone & Ilford, Walthamstow Avenue, Leytonstone, Dagenham, Ilford FC.

I make that 7 different teams, just shows you can join as many teams together as you want but the supporters of the 'taken over' team rarely follow the 'new' team.

It's happened recently with Hayes FC & Yeading FC before they merged Hayes probably had 300 regular fans & Yeading FC 200 fans. The new team are lucky to get a 300 crowd these days.

Good research there well done. I wonder if there are any original Wimbledon FC fans that now follow MK Dons. If there are I bet its only few, less than 10?

MK Donuts supporter I work with swears he supported Wimbledon before, which I find hard to see as he's never set foot in South West London.

MK Donuts supporter I work with swears he supported Wimbledon before, which I find hard to see as he's never set foot in South West London.

I hope you slapped him in the face and called him SCUM when he told you who he supports, and have continued a sustained campaign of office bullying against him ever since.

I hope you slapped him in the face and called him SCUM when he told you who he supports, and have continued a sustained campaign of office bullying against him ever since.

Nah, he's bigger than me :D

I take the **** with subtle digs!

With regards to the current Dagenham & Redbridge if you add up all the clubs they once were you would get:-
Dagenham & Redbridge, Redbridge Forest, Leytonstone & Ilford, Walthamstow Avenue, Leytonstone, Dagenham, Ilford FC.

I make that 7 different teams, just shows you can join as many teams together as you want but the supporters of the 'taken over' team rarely follow the 'new' team.

It's happened recently with Hayes FC & Yeading FC before they merged Hayes probably had 300 regular fans & Yeading FC 200 fans. The new team are lucky to get a 300 crowd these days.

Rushden and Diamonds were a merger of two sides as well.

The Dagenham thing is a real mess Leytonstone joined with Ilford to form Leytonstone & Ilford who merged with Walthamstow Avenue to form Redbridge Forest, they then Joined up with Dagenham and bingo ! I doubt if there are a quarter of the original fans attending.

I think similar things are happening again with Leyton Town and Leyton Pennant changing names left right and centre

The Dagenham thing is a real mess Leytonstone joined with Ilford to form Leytonstone & Ilford who merged with Walthamstow Avenue to form Redbridge Forest, they then Joined up with Dagenham and bingo ! I doubt if there are a quarter of the original fans attending.

I think similar things are happening again with Leyton Town and Leyton Pennant changing names left right and centre

Cockney inbreeding indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back