• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some of the things im not happy with might well be minor things but these are simple things the club should be able to get right!

Firsty, last season on DVD. All the other clubs bring out an end of season DVD showing the highs and lows of the season thats just ended during pre season. We are nearing the middle of August and we've heard nothing from the club about this. I feel if they would of brought this out during pre season, the club would of sold a massive amount due to the simple fact we missed watching the Blues and were still on a massive high on reaching promotion to The Championship. If other clubs can do it so soon, why cant we?

The next thing im not happy with at the moment is the lack of news on the official site. Last season there was regular updates and thoughts from Tilson and the players about various things and this seems to have gone badly downhill so far this season. Silly things like spelling errors aswell shouldnt be happening. I've heard nothing from Michael Ricketts from the official site since he signed and this is supposed to be a massive signing for the club. When we sign a player like Michael Ricketts I want to know his thoughts on afew things and I'd also like to hear from Tilly what he thinks.

The season ticket problems are a complete joke. its not a hard thing to organise but the way it has been handled and sorted out is as if we have monkeys working for us. Its complete lazyness to organise things properly again. If people are paying out £380 - £420 for season tickets, the club should provide a professional service to get things right. We are trying to get a new stadium which will hold 22,000 supporters. The club cant even organise where people sit when we have 5,000 odd season ticket holders, how are they going to manager if one day we have 22,000 in a stadium?!

Our Centenery season is here and despite somebody from the shrimpers trust telling us August the 3rd was the official opening of the Centenery season and also being told we would be supprised and not disapointed, all we got was afew photos of a shabby looking cake and a crappy polo style Centenery shirt which IMHO is a major disapointment. A Clubs Centenery is supposed to be a special time for supporters and club alike but it appears the Club cannot be arsed with it and have put it way back on the list of prioritys. This is totaly unacceptable that we have heard nothing. The clubs Centenery couldnt have come around at a better time. We have just been promoted to The Championship which is a major achievement for Southend United and the club should have used this. The lack of merchandise is unreal. The club could have made a killing on Centenery merchandise but have no imagination and umph to get up and do something about it. Why couldnt we have brought out a Centenery shirt the players could have worn for a game? I remember Charlton bringing out a Centenery shirt to be worn in one league game to celebrate it. Why couldnt we do this? £40 for a shabby looking rugby style shirt is a rip off. The lake of imagination baffles me. Instead of concentrating on these sort of things they concentrate on employing people to sell drinks in the stands. The club need to get there priorities right.

I know what sort of replys I will expect from this. I know people are going to say some fans are never happy etc but these are simple things the club should be getting right. We are not a league two club near the bottom of the table anymore. We are in The Championship for gods sake!

1. Ours isn't out yet.

2. Ours didn't tell us that we'd flogged Zakuani for a week after we'd done it.

3. Orient have been charging ST holders that paid by DD twice; still haven't got round to paying it back. oh well, at least Uncie Barry is getting all that lovely interest...
mad.gif

4. We celebrated 125 years last year. No shirt, no party, no cake, no nothing....

Just goes to show that they're all c%&ts, whatever club you follow.

HTH.

J_S

Reasons to be cheerful.....
I would normally be dismayed by the list of ****-ups from the club but that view was normally exaccerbated by the clubs precarious future. We are now in the Championship. Big Ron has bought the club. We have a better chance than ever of making the new stadium a reality. In Steve Tilson we have a superb young manager, coveted by many. The squad is easily the most talented bunch of players this club has had collectively in decades. Crowds are up and the list goes on. With such a 'wonderful life' is it really worth getting narky about the odd blemish. Nothing is perfect. Chill out, smile and bask in the glory that is SUFC!!!!!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,22:00)]Our Centenery season is here and despite somebody from the shrimpers trust telling us August the 3rd was the official opening of the Centenery season and also being told we would be supprised and not disapointed, all we got was afew photos of a shabby looking cake and a crappy polo style Centenery shirt which IMHO is a major disapointment. A Clubs Centenery is supposed to be a special time for supporters and club alike but it appears the Club cannot be arsed with it and have put it way back on the list of prioritys. This is totaly unacceptable that we have heard nothing. The clubs Centenery couldnt have come around at a better time. We have just been promoted to The Championship which is a major achievement for Southend United and the club should have used this. The lack of merchandise is unreal. The club could have made a killing on Centenery merchandise but have no imagination and umph to get up and do something about it. Why couldnt we have brought out a Centenery shirt the players could have worn for a game? I remember Charlton bringing out a Centenery shirt to be worn in one league game to celebrate it. Why couldnt we do this? £40 for a shabby looking rugby style shirt is a rip off. The lake of imagination baffles me. Instead of concentrating on these sort of things they concentrate on employing people to sell drinks in the stands. The club need to get there priorities right.
Err not quite true !!!!!!

The Club have run the Player of the Decade Votes, the results of which will be used later in the Season.

The Trust have produced & issued the Centenary First Day Cover based on a design that won a competition run jointly by the Club & the Trust.

Admittedly some things could of & should of been launched by now, and no doubt details will be made available as soon as dates etc are confirmed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,22:00)]Silly things like spelling errors aswell shouldnt be happening.

The lake of imagination baffles me.
blush.gif

can see your point on the dvd/season ticket thing though

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Aug. 10 2006,22:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,22:00)]Silly things like spelling errors aswell shouldnt be happening.

blush.gif

I'm not employed by the club though, I'm writing a message as a fan on a fansite. Whoever is writing the stories on the official site is being paid to do it so they should at least spell things correctly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,22:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Aug. 10 2006,22:25)]
[b said:

blush.gif

I'm not employed by the club though, I'm writing a message as a fan on a fansite. Whoever is writing the stories on the official site is being paid to do it so they should at least spell things correctly.
Agree with you there mate, its not just been this season, its pretty much been since the last 2 or 3 years when i've noticed the spelling mistakes.

Just a point on Michael Ricketts. The club mentioned on here that he doesn't do interviews after being misquoted some years back. Not even with the official site.

I raised a similar point a while back but in fairness, after I did it, the standard of proof-checking improved vastly. As long as I can read it fluently then I don't have a problem.

I think a lot of those problems highlighted are things that the club need to look at but I'm also aware that we are on the back od successive promotions and I'm happy enough giving the club a year to sort most of them out. You make a very good point about season tickets though.

Anyway, I don't feel now is the time to complain about life as a Southend fan cos everything's looking good on the pitch and at least I have some control over events off it.

I'm with you, Mighty Shrimper, even though I'm out here dipping my toe in the Med. It's fantastic that the club has sprung out of the lower echelons to compete alongside the likes of Sunderland and Leeds United and everyone is to be commended. But for all the success the club still can't get it right off the pitch. Admittedly we all knew that the DVD was never going to be out until the Autumn but it would still be nice to get some sort of ETA from the club. The official site has gone from strength-to-strength since Scriv took over and he should be commended for his efforts -- but he should also invest in a good dictionary / thesaurus because some of the mistakes would be hysterically funny if they weren't in the public domain. And I agree about Ricketts; we signed him, he scored at Great Wakering, and then he's disappeared. Where is he? How is he? What is he? I've already said my piece about season tickets (and been suitably shot down by some) but I know that if I was still in the UK and had received the customer service that some of you have received, I would have been absolutely livid. And it does make you fear for the new stadium, doesn't it?! It's already been mentioned that the centenary is to last all season but I agree that the lack of information AND merchandise is worrying. The club waved away assistance from the Trust; I wonder if they regret that now? Oh well, let's not be too negative -- some people might consider it moaning for no reason ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,22:00)]Some of the things im not happy with might well be minor things but these are simple things the club should be able to get right!

Firsty, last season on DVD. All the other clubs bring out an end of season DVD showing the highs and lows of the season thats just ended during pre season. We are nearing the middle of August and we've heard nothing from the club about this. I feel if they would of brought this out during pre season, the club would of sold a massive amount due to the simple fact we missed watching the Blues and were still on a massive high on reaching promotion to The Championship. If other clubs can do it so soon, why cant we?

The next thing im not happy with at the moment is the lack of news on the official site. Last season there was regular updates and thoughts from Tilson and the players about various things and this seems to have gone badly downhill so far this season. Silly things like spelling errors aswell shouldnt be happening. I've heard nothing from Michael Ricketts from the official site since he signed and this is supposed to be a massive signing for the club. When we sign a player like Michael Ricketts I want to know his thoughts on afew things and I'd also like to hear from Tilly what he thinks.

The season ticket problems are a complete joke. its not a hard thing to organise but the way it has been handled and sorted out is as if we have monkeys working for us. Its complete lazyness to organise things properly again. If people are paying out £380 - £420 for season tickets, the club should provide a professional service to get things right. We are trying to get a new stadium which will hold 22,000 supporters. The club cant even organise where people sit when we have 5,000 odd season ticket holders, how are they going to manager if one day we have 22,000 in a stadium?!

Our Centenery season is here and despite somebody from the shrimpers trust telling us August the 3rd was the official opening of the Centenery season and also being told we would be supprised and not disapointed, all we got was afew photos of a shabby looking cake and a crappy polo style Centenery shirt which IMHO is a major disapointment. A Clubs Centenery is supposed to be a special time for supporters and club alike but it appears the Club cannot be arsed with it and have put it way back on the list of prioritys. This is totaly unacceptable that we have heard nothing. The clubs Centenery couldnt have come around at a better time. We have just been promoted to The Championship which is a major achievement for Southend United and the club should have used this. The lack of merchandise is unreal. The club could have made a killing on Centenery merchandise but have no imagination and umph to get up and do something about it. Why couldnt we have brought out a Centenery shirt the players could have worn for a game? I remember Charlton bringing out a Centenery shirt to be worn in one league game to celebrate it. Why couldnt we do this? £40 for a shabby looking rugby style shirt is a rip off. The lake of imagination baffles me. Instead of concentrating on these sort of things they concentrate on employing people to sell drinks in the stands. The club need to get there priorities right.

I know what sort of replys I will expect from this. I know people are going to say some fans are never happy etc but these are simple things the club should be getting right. We are not a league two club near the bottom of the table anymore. We are in The Championship for gods sake!
Mighty Shrimper and all other posters who feel things are not being done properly , why don't you e-mail details of your complaints to Mr King at the club and let him sort them out.

If enough people have genuine concerns and inform the club I am sure the problems would be addressed. Any company providing a service must listen to it's customers , I know ShrimperZone.com limited Directors are always listening to poster's suggestions to make this site better. SUFC would be stupid not to do the same.

Yes, the season tickets have been a complete shambles... But what some people forget is this is only our second season using an extremely advanced system that not many other clubs in the country are using. I'd expect a few problems and am sure the club will sort them out.

Something as petty as spelling errors on the website really has nothing to do with the overall running of the club.

the content on the OS is fine IMO. Alright, if you're signed up to BluesWorld you get better and more frequent information but thats what the service is there for. I mean, if nothings happening, what else do you expect to see on there? The latest coverage of the Lebanon crisis?

The only gripe i have surrounding the OS content is the fact that, over the last few months, we've filled in questionnaires about the club, about the stadium and have asked Geoff King questions.....

And we're still waiting for the answers
rock.gif

IIRC, last season the DVD highlights weren't released until the beginning of September.

We all know the centenary celebrations so far have been a complete shambles. There've been several threads about it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 11 2006,08:21)]The only gripe i have surrounding the OS content is the fact that, over the last few months, we've filled in questionnaires about the club, about the stadium and have asked Geoff King questions.....

And we're still waiting for the answers
rock.gif
Yep, well said, where are the answers to the Online Stadium Survey that was put up on the OS several months ago now...

Plenty of us took time out to fill in this survey, at least give us the decency of revealing the results...

Ridiculous.

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Aug. 10 2006,22:13)]1. Ours isn't out yet.

2. Ours didn't tell us that we'd flogged Zakuani for a week after we'd done it.

3. Orient have been charging ST holders that paid by DD twice; still haven't got round to paying it back. oh well, at least Uncie Barry is getting all that lovely interest...
mad.gif

4. We celebrated 125 years last year. No shirt, no party, no cake, no nothing....

Just goes to show that they're all c%&ts, whatever club you follow.

HTH.

J_S
laugh.gif

but your club is rubbish

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Aug. 11 2006,00:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,22:00)]Some of the things im not happy with might well be minor things but these are simple things the club should be able to get right!

Mighty Shrimper and all other posters who feel things are not being done properly , why don't you e-mail details of your complaints to Mr King at the club and let him sort them out.

If enough people have genuine concerns and inform the club I am sure the problems would be addressed. Any company providing a service must listen to it's customers , I know ShrimperZone.com limited Directors are always listening to poster's suggestions to make this site better. SUFC would be stupid not to do the same.
Because that would be too much like hard work! It's easier for them to post a complaint and moan on here.............after all, is'nt that what this site is for?

Moan, moan, moan.

I just wonder if anyone at the club visits this site. The time it takes to get anything done is prehistoric.

Wouldn't it be nice if Ron read a few of these threads for himself and decided to KICK AR$E.
mad.gif
kungfu.gif

...and then afterwards it itches terribly and goes bright red. I genuinely don't know what to do, but I'm sure it's not...

Uh-oh. Wrong 'complaints' thread

*runs away*

The news regarding ticket news is the worse part. Not knowing when they go on general sale, whether they will be on sale on the day of away games, etc. This is vital information for any travelling fan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,22:00)]he lack of merchandise is unreal. The club could have made a killing on Centenery merchandise but have no imagination and umph to get up and do something about it. Why couldnt we have brought out a Centenery shirt the players could have worn for a game? I remember Charlton bringing out a Centenery shirt to be worn in one league game to celebrate it. Why couldnt we do this? £40 for a shabby looking rugby style shirt is a rip off. The lake of imagination baffles me.
Can you tell me where the LAKE of imagination is, i'd love to go and see it some time

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 11 2006,09:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Aug. 10 2006,22:00)]he lack of merchandise is unreal. The club could have made a killing on Centenery merchandise but have no imagination and umph to get up and do something about it. Why couldnt we have brought out a Centenery shirt the players could have worn for a game? I remember Charlton bringing out a Centenery shirt to be worn in one league game to celebrate it. Why couldnt we do this? £40 for a shabby looking rugby style shirt is a rip off. The lake of imagination baffles me.
Can you tell me where the LAKE of imagination is, i'd love to go and see it some time
I've got a few criticisms of the club generally but the centenary merchandise is excellent, loads of it.

As for complaining direct to the club, whenever I have emailed them I have never received an answer and that has been emails that were questions and not complaints.

I am sure that if some of these threads actually reached Ron and he realised there were areas where the club is losing money things would change very quickly.

Back